PDA

View Full Version : Blocking

sybil ramkin
03-Oct-11, 10:59
Hi, needing quotes on blocking a 15m x 6m one and a half storey high building. All materials bought and payed for. Price per block please. pm's only please, thank you.

sybil ramkin
04-Oct-11, 22:03
bump........

sybil ramkin
06-Oct-11, 19:47
bump 2 .............

sybil ramkin
08-Oct-11, 11:47
bump........

orkneycadian
08-Oct-11, 13:29
Going by the number of posts you are having to make to keep bringing this back to the top of the pile, have you considered that this might not be the best way to go about getting your quotes?

davem
08-Oct-11, 14:02
Blockwork is the term I've always heard used, normally you'd just ask someone to come and quote for the job. You'd need to see the plans to check whether the work was straightforward or or not -it'd all have a bearing. Perhaps ask for recommendations instead?

sybil ramkin
08-Oct-11, 19:40
Going by the number of posts you are having to make to keep bringing this back to the top of the pile, have you considered that this might not be the best way to go about getting your quotes?
thanks for your help.

Corrie 3
08-Oct-11, 19:47
Bump................

sybil ramkin
08-Oct-11, 19:51
Bump................
Ha ha ha ha haaa!

orkneycadian
09-Oct-11, 02:41
thanks for your help.

No problem - Anytime - My advice would be to contact a number of builders, show them your plans, then ask them to send you a written quote. If they want to see your site, then invite them round for a look.

gleeber
09-Oct-11, 09:17
Nothing wrong with this approach although the advice being offered is fairly constructive. If I hadnt developed into a fair weather builder over the past year I may have considered it myself.

sybil ramkin
09-Oct-11, 11:09
the kit is up and the blockwork is a basic 4 walls so it is not rocket science. the oh is more than capable of doing it but he doesnt have the time. all i wanted was a brickie who has a bit off time off to give me a quote at cost per block.

givemecandy
16-Oct-11, 15:36
I would give you a hand mate but blocklaying gets me really constipated. -------------------------------------The wife has to constantly wack me on the backside with a hammer------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------mind you maybe I should stop wiping my backside with the cement bags-------------------------------:lol:

mi16
17-Oct-11, 19:05
a lot of the time the form will want to supply the materials also as they make money by purchasing at trade then selling to you at retail.

Bill Fernie
17-Oct-11, 19:50
The brickie or firm would also want to know the location to be able to work out the cost of travel etc to the price. If they live many miles away then that will be a factor.

The posts are too vague and you need to post much more details and the best way as already said would be get a recommendation and then contact them to see if they are available and willing to come round and quote for the job. I doubt if anyone will give a price without seeing the site and location.

Are you near Wick or Thurso?