PDA

View Full Version : Watten Cemetry

Liz
11-Oct-06, 18:08
Can anyone tell me whether there any farms near Watten Cemetery as someone has seen a kitten there but when they tried to catch it it went into hiding.

So I was wondering whether there is the possibility it has wandered from a farm and if I could get the farmer's name I could ring and check.

Would much appreciate any help as hate the thought of a wee kitten being out there on a night like this.

Thanks!

martin macdonald
11-Oct-06, 18:11
:eek: saw the kitten on tuesday morning but ran when my car came near.

Liz
11-Oct-06, 18:17
Was it actually at the cemetry Martin?:(

Liz
11-Oct-06, 20:04
Have heard from someone else who saw the kitten and said it is a lovely wee fluffy kitten. It seems to be staying in the same place which is unusual.

Will try to get someone out with a trap tomorrow and see whether we can get it.

I have been told that there are quite a few feral cats out there so think we better get trapping and get them neutered or there will be more kittens!

Would anyone in the Watten area be willing to help as it is quite a time consuming job so the more helpers the better!

martin macdonald
11-Oct-06, 21:34
Was it actually at the cemetry Martin?:(
no. it was at the railway line passing place:eek:

Liz
11-Oct-06, 22:51
no. it was at the railway line passing place:eek:

Oh crikey they seem to be all over the place! Ah well will start at the cemetery and see how we get on.

Thanks Martin! If you see any more let me know.

leannei
12-Oct-06, 15:07
I live at Lynegar and i have seen a few of the kittens over the last week wandering around the cemetry and further towards watten with an older cat. They are from the farm at watten mains.

Liz
12-Oct-06, 17:25
I live at Lynegar and i have seen a few of the kittens over the last week wandering around the cemetry and further towards watten with an older cat. They are from the farm at watten mains.

Thanks a lot Leanni. Do you know who owns the farm at Watten Mains?

Liz
12-Oct-06, 19:35
I spoke to David Gunn, the factor, and the cat and kittens don't come from Watten Mains so it looks like it is yet another 'dumped' cat!!!![mad]

He said that he had seen a mother cat and two kittens and one of the kittens looked really weak and he said that when he saw it he thought "that won't make it through the winter"!!:(

My sister and I went out and set a trap near the cemetery and then went for a walk around the area but couldn't see them anywhere.

I am really worried about them, especially the weak kitten, as they cannot be getting any food so if anyone sees them again can you please let me know.

Thanks!