PDA

View Full Version : Domestic appliance shops

jmmcd
01-Oct-11, 11:25
Does anyone know if either of the 2 electrical shops in wick deliver their washing machines and if they can take away the old one for you?

orkneycadian
01-Oct-11, 11:33
Well, I expect the 2 shops in question will! Have you asked them?

jmmcd
01-Oct-11, 11:38
Not yet, I thought asking on here first would help my desicion as to whether or not to order one online today or wait until Monday before I can get to Wick.....

The Doctor
01-Oct-11, 11:57
I know the Coop in Thurso do next day delivery, but not sure if they collect your old one. They have some good machines in stock at the moment (including a reasonably priced hotpoint that has a 1600 spin).
I think there is someone on the Org that collects old appliances. Can't remember his name.

Hen Broon
01-Oct-11, 12:32
Beggs will they delivered us a new dryer and took the old one away for a £10 charge, and the dryer was a good price too.

orkneycadian
01-Oct-11, 16:55
I would have thought the best plan would be (have been) to phone each up and ask. Who knows what kind of advice you might erroneously get on here! Maybe someone tells you they will deliver, but that was 3 months ago, and they don't now. Or someone tells you that they don't deliver, but that was on a £199 washing machine, whereas the shops policy is to deliver free on £200 orders and above! Or, you could miss out on a good deal where its normally their policy to charge for delivery, but sales are a bit slow this month, and since you have asked, they will deliver for free as you are on the route home for the delivery driver! Who knows! Only the shops, so they will always be the best placed to answer your question, the most accurately!

Horses mouth would always be my first port of call!