PDA

View Full Version : The Miser

scaraben
11-Oct-06, 12:26
:lol:

There was a man who had worked all his life, and saved all his money, he was a real miser when it came to cash.
Just before he died, he said to his Wife, "When I die, I want you to take all my money and put it in the casket with me, because I don’t want to leave any of my earnings behind.
So he got his Wife to promise him with all her heart that when he died, she would put all of his money in the casket with him.
Well, when he died. He lying there stretched out in his coffin, his dear wife was sitting there in her black, her friend was close by. When the ceremony was over (prior to the undertaker closing the casket), his Wife said, "Wait a minute!' (She had a box with her), and she came over with it and put it in the casket. Then the undertakers screwed it down, and rolled it away. Her friend said, "Girl, I know you weren't fool enough to put all that money in there with your husband." to which the widow replied : "Listen, I'm a Christian, I don't go back on my word. I promised him I was gonna put that money in the casket.
"You mean to tell me you put all that money in the casket with him!!!!?"
"I sure did," said the wife. "I wrote him a cheque. If he can cash it, he can spend it." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!