PDA

View Full Version : Phew it's hot

shazzap
29-Sep-11, 14:56
The temperature, here today is, 81 Fahrenheit. Are we in for an Indian Summer.

oldmarine
29-Sep-11, 15:47
You don't know what hot is until you have been to Tucson or Phoenix, Arizona. In Phoenix it gets hot & humid and in Tucson it gets just plain hot. lol!!!

ducati
29-Sep-11, 15:50

Where is here? 'cos it ain't here [lol]

shazzap
29-Sep-11, 15:56
Where is here? 'cos it ain't here [lol]

East Yorkshire. I thought all the UK, were having nice weather.Although with varying degrees

tonkatojo
29-Sep-11, 16:13
East Yorkshire. I thought all the UK, were having nice weather.Although with varying degrees

It is similar here in Shields, it looks like the sun is shining on the righteous.;) , poor ducci man. LOL

Stack Rock
29-Sep-11, 16:33
On holiday in N Yorks - hot and sunny all week - 26/27C today but luckily the beer is nice and refreshing.

annemarie482
29-Sep-11, 16:36
its warm enough here for my liking!
37 and a half weeks pregnant, stuffed with a head cold and burning up fast!
cold shower required i think......

ducati
29-Sep-11, 16:45
Cloudy and slightly muggy here in Bower. Midgies a plenty if anyone needs some.:cool:

shazzap
29-Sep-11, 20:30
its warm enough here for my liking!
37 and a half weeks pregnant, stuffed with a head cold and burning up fast!
cold shower required i think......

I was pregnant with my first, in 1976. Really hot summer, with carpets of Ladybirds.

Cloudy and slightly muggy here in Bower. Midgies a plenty if anyone needs some.:cool:

You can keep the Midges.

teddybear1873
29-Sep-11, 21:06
Dear Greece,

You'll get your weather back when you've paid your bills.

Love from, the UK.

Birons
29-Sep-11, 23:59
It's very hot here as well;).
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/268216_165658760172493_153454411392928_387437_8411 15_n.jpg

cuddlepop
30-Sep-11, 14:33
Monsoon weather here on Skye,totally confusing the tourists as the rains warm.lol

shazzap
30-Sep-11, 14:37
Same again here, very hot.

crayola
01-Oct-11, 00:03
I returned yesterday to one of my former happy hunting grounds in the South of England. It was hotter here than in the organic cauldron I've been cultivating on the hot planet orbiting Rigel II. Has anyone else spent the evening eating quail's eggs and quaffing free wine?My pal is celebrating the success of her Bravissimo shop. :)

joxville
01-Oct-11, 02:19
It's been a cracker of week here in Hampshire, unfortunately I wasn't on early shift this week so haven't been able to make the most of it, thankfully I'm not working this weekend so shall just sit in the garden and top up the tan before the predicted crap weather returns.

crayola
01-Oct-11, 09:32
It's another beautiful morning here in England's green and pleasant land. It was cool but sunny when I went out for a walk in the gardens at 9am but it's forecast to rise up to about 26C today. I shall spend the morning as a tourist in a place I lived in briefly at a young and impressionable age. Enjoy the weekend sun Jox. It will soon be gone and forgotten.

crayola
01-Oct-11, 12:38
Mmmmm. I'm sitting by the river with a large G&T. The sun is shining and it's 25C. The only bad news is that all the good looking guys are taken. Except one. But he's much too young for me. Although he might not be after a second large G&T. Could this be the hottest October day on record. ;)

tonkatojo
01-Oct-11, 18:35

I heard today what an "Indian summer" meant, apparently it has something to do with the north American Indians having good weather at this time of year. What do-do I am I thought it was to do with the sub-continent weather.
Can anyone verify that ?. (not me being a do-do)

shazzap
01-Oct-11, 18:52
It's unusually hot Autumn weather, isn't it. Thats my interpretation of it.

joxville
01-Oct-11, 20:13
Another scorcher, reclined on my sun lounger for most of the day. A cloudless sky and a few long, cool drinks, absolute peace and quiet, even the aircraft seemed to be at a minimum today, though my enjoyment of the sun was temporarily blighted by being stung by a bloody wasp. I had the last laugh because it's now an ex-wasp. Roll on tomorrow. :)

teddybear1873
01-Oct-11, 20:19
You can all thank me for the hot weather, as I got the wife to blow it over, sorry it took so long.

It's a cool 20 degrees here in South Carolina, with little humidity, which makes a fine change from the 28 which we had yesterday and it was really sticky.

changilass
01-Oct-11, 20:39
Can you tell her to suck for a while please, want some of what Englandshire has instead of this bliddy rain and wind.

teddybear1873
01-Oct-11, 20:44
Can you tell her to suck for a while please, want some of what Englandshire has instead of this bliddy rain and wind.

I'm always asking her to do that. She never takes me on though :evil

golach
01-Oct-11, 20:57
Got that here to now Changilass,its pis...prr, pou....percipitating heavily here and the temp has dropped 10 degrees

shazzap
01-Oct-11, 21:35
Yes. The weather, is supposed to be, on the turn. From tomorrow.

George Brims
02-Oct-11, 08:05
Here in Southern California the forecast is for 65F/18C by Wednesday, with the first rains of the WINTER. Please can you in Scotland send us our weather back? Oh and it SNOWED in the mountains last night.