PDA

View Full Version : Question

Kenn
11-Oct-06, 00:35
In view of the horrific reports that I am reading about dead sea birds not only on The Western Isles but now along the coasts of Easter Ross, Sutherland and Caithness what are your opinions about what it will do to tourism in the area?
One of the main attractions for me about Caithness has been the bird colonies out to Duncansby and Dunnet and to sit with a set on binoculars at various points around the county.
No puffins, no puffin bus up from Inverness,no skuas,guillemots,auks.dunlins.oyster catchers etc and now it seems like the Bewick and Hooper swans have had a hard time too.
Here's hoping that they can recover as although most folks up there take 'em for granted for a southerner like me. it's what makes the county so special .well along with a few Red Deer and raptors that are the icing on the cake.
Oh I forgot to mention mutton pies, Old Pulteney and the liqueuer that they produce..now that is nectar!
Wheest can't wait 'til the next time I'm eating me fish an' chips down by the harbour.

Saxo01
11-Oct-06, 00:42
Ive worked as a fisherman & seen the slaughter of chicks by the bonxies or artic skuas ive been hauling creels among a sea of dead chicks with there hearts ripped out sorry to be so graphic but thats how it is