PDA

View Full Version : Oh! The bliddy irony!

Aaldtimer
28-Sep-11, 03:37
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/north/272166-donald-trump-complains-of-environmentally-irresponsible-development/

He just doesn't get it, does he?:confused

Metalattakk
28-Sep-11, 03:43
Aye, it's laughable.

Not often I agree with a Green, but he's hit the nail on the head here:

In response to Mr Trump's first objection to the windfarm, Green MSP Patrick Harvie said: "Donald Trump's hypocrisy has reached new heights. For the man who has vandalised an irreplaceable dune system and tried to evict local families to complain about a clean energy development, this confirms he has an ego the size of the planet, and a complete ignorance of what the word 'environment' means.

Bazeye
28-Sep-11, 18:33
Instant Kharma

sandyr1
28-Sep-11, 20:18
Come on.............It's just 'The Donald' looking after himself/ and we have his Son in Toronto just now/ A chip o' the Olde Block!
And 'The Donald' is Scottish you know??!

And by what I read on here, Wind Farms are not a success...Didn't someone recently get paid to turn the wind turbines off?

gleeber
28-Sep-11, 20:50
There's a lot of irony on the org. We can all be guilty of it and that's the beauty of irony. Everyone else can see it apart from the one being trumped with it.
Its a bit like karma right enough but without the mystical connections.

gleeber
28-Sep-11, 21:09
Mind you I dont blame Donald trump. I would do the same. Although I dont have an aversion to turbines there's plenty evidence from the org that they are not the most popular environmental extra. Its unfaIr to compare wind turbines with a state of the art golf course but I dont see why Donald Trump should complain about turbines on the horizon. Why do the turbines have to go there though? I suppose it must be the most economical place to place them considering the many millions involved in the project. Has someone somewhere decided to do this knowing exactly what would happen?

peedie
28-Sep-11, 22:10
Dear Karma,
Loving your work.

Peedie

Fly
28-Sep-11, 23:04
What interests me is what Salmond is going to do about it? He could'nt get his nose far enough up the rear end of the Trump organisation when he got them their playground for the rich and totally ignored the Aberdeenshire planning department's decision to refuse permission. How is he now going to keep Trump onside, and stick to his wind and wave farm plans? He has already been totally rude in ignoring Trump's first letter, not that I have any sympathy for either of them.