PDA

View Full Version : Canuck in Wick

Gleber2
10-Oct-06, 21:27
Canuck will be in the Back Bridge Street club lounge on Saturday night. She is coming to hear the music(Terry Clark and myself) but would really like to see some Orgers there. It would be nice if a few were to make it along. She has expressed a wish to meet as many Orgers as possible but has not much time. Please come!!!! The music should be good. Terry is an excellent singer.

connieb19
10-Oct-06, 21:29
Is it okay if you're not a member?

Gleber2
10-Oct-06, 21:32
Is it okay if you're not a member?

Not sure Connie, but the last time I was in there there was no-one at the door.

The Pepsi Challenge
11-Oct-06, 01:41
Canuck, give me a shout if you're still in Edinburgh. Will pop the kettle on for you, or take you to a real Leith pub.

saxovtr
11-Oct-06, 01:59
ive been in the backer a few times,not a member lol ooops[lol]

golach
11-Oct-06, 09:33
Canuck, give me a shout if you're still in Edinburgh. Will pop the kettle on for you, or take you to a real Leith pub.
She is heading North AM today, sorry for not including you in our meeting, its was sprung on me at 24 hours notice too. Maybe another time.
And please define a Real Leith Pub!!:D

Gleber2
11-Oct-06, 16:00
She is expected here on Friday afternoon.

willowbankbear
11-Oct-06, 16:25
Rules for the Backer,

If you are a male resident of Wick, then you must be a member of the club for admission, you cannot be signed in . If you are male from outwith Wick you can be signed into the club by a member but if you misbehave, then that member is held responsible for you.

Females in Wick
women can only be associate members & cannot get into the stag bar, but are advised to have membership to the club as a refusal on a Saturday night often offends!!
Outwith Wick, 3 mile area I think? Females can be signed in as guests for the night.

Hope this clears up the question, This were the rules last time I asked

angela5
11-Oct-06, 16:33
Don't think they do much refusing on a Saturday night, anybody can just walk in.

krieve
11-Oct-06, 16:37
I never have any bother getting in when i go out .

connieb19
11-Oct-06, 16:39
If folk canna get in maybe Canuck will just have to make her way doon to the Camps. :eek:

highlander
11-Oct-06, 17:13
Willowbankbear, is there some caithness passport i have not heard of lol
how would they know if any female who comes to the backer is not from wick?

connieb19
11-Oct-06, 17:15
Willowbankbear, is there some caithness passport i have not heard of lol
how would they know if any female who comes to the backer is not from wick?
It's Wick you're talking about. Everyone knows everyone lol.:confused

The Pepsi Challenge
11-Oct-06, 17:48
She is heading North AM today, sorry for not including you in our meeting, its was sprung on me at 24 hours notice too. Maybe another time.

I don't know quite how to define a Leith pub (yet!) but Robbies and the Tam O' Shanter spring to mind. The Tam is the only pub in the world, I've seen, where outside they had a note stuck to the door that simply read: "Regulars Only". I do, however, frequent the Leith Dockers Club for a pint of ale at 1984 prices.

Hope Canuck enjoys the Caithness air.

willowbankbear
11-Oct-06, 18:45
I never have any bother getting in when i go out .

Aye but ye only go out once a year Krieve

Cedric Farthsbottom III
11-Oct-06, 20:59
I'll be there Gleber 2.Have had many a good laugh wi ye and canuck since becoming an orger.Count me in!!:D

willowbankbear
11-Oct-06, 21:05
Lucky you Cedric, I will not be attending due to work comittments, would loved to meet Canuck & Gleber2 again. Music sounds quite good too, oh well , maybe next time!!:confused

caithnessboyagee
11-Oct-06, 21:11
Rules for the Backer,

If you are a male resident of Wick, then you must be a member of the club for admission, you cannot be signed in . If you are male from outwith Wick you can be signed into the club by a member but if you misbehave, then that member is held responsible for you.

Females in Wick
women can only be associate members & cannot get into the stag bar, but are advised to have membership to the club as a refusal on a Saturday night often offends!!
Outwith Wick, 3 mile area I think? Females can be signed in as guests for the night.

Hope this clears up the question, This were the rules last time I askedWillowbankbear i think they will let anyone in just to get the custom i have been going to the backer for a number of years now and have only once been asked if. I'm a member and i said no and still got in. Have you been there yourself lately? It's like a morgue some saturday nights

willowbankbear
11-Oct-06, 21:43
Willowbankbear i think they will let anyone in just to get the custom i have been going to the backer for a number of years now and have only once been asked if. I'm a member and i said no and still got in. Have you been there yourself lately? It's like a morgue some saturday nights

Nah, I havnt been since I paid my fees, I didnt have my card(it was inside the bar)& the doormen would not let me through to begin with. Once I got in to retrieve my membership card, I produced it for the chaps then proceeded straight back out the front door & went to the Yard. The backer was empty! & they are a lot of money down as a few hadnt paid their fees, As most folk say they are glad of your custom, well not that night.
I havnt bothered to go back yet either:cool:

Gleber2
11-Oct-06, 21:44
Lucky you Cedric, I will not be attending due to work comittments, would loved to meet Canuck & Gleber2 again. Music sounds quite good too, oh well , maybe next time!!:confused

Due to demands from yourself and others, I have come out of retirement and will be playing with the J.Fats Band in the Backer on the 21st of Oct. and the Orange Room, Park Hotel Thurso on the 22sec. Hope to see you.

willowbankbear
11-Oct-06, 21:48
Due to demands from yourself and others, I have come out of retirement and will be playing with the J.Fats Band in the Backer on the 21st of Oct. and the Orange Room, Park Hotel Thurso on the 22sec. Hope to see you.

Ye are seriously joking right?? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:~( :~( I wont be there

Gleber2
11-Oct-06, 21:51
Ye are seriously joking right?? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:~( :~( I wont be there

There will be more. We are likely to be playing in the Newmarket, Thurso in November.

willowbankbear
11-Oct-06, 21:58
Ill try my best for that 1 bud:D

pultneytooner
11-Oct-06, 21:58
Fantastic gleber2, I reckon a talent as yours and your sons should be shared for everyone to enjoy,
never retire again
You were born to entertain.:D

Fran
12-Oct-06, 00:14
Gleber2....I am so glad you have come out of retirement, your singing and playing are great. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_2_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZN (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb096_ZN&utm_id=7924)

cuddlepop
12-Oct-06, 19:28
Whose all going on saturday night?Busy trying to juggle finances so we can go back up to caithness Is the Back St Bridge Club in Wick or Thurso?:D

Gleber2
12-Oct-06, 19:45
Whose all going on saturday night?Busy trying to juggle finances so we can go back up to caithness Is the Back St Bridge Club in Wick or Thurso?:D

Back Bridge Street in Wick.

cuddlepop
12-Oct-06, 20:20
Thank you Gleber2.:D
Hopefully we'll get a chance to hear you play.:D

WeeBurd
12-Oct-06, 20:43
Hopefully MrBurd and I may be able to put in an appearance, as we'll be in Wick that night at another "do". Well, that's if I can get a babysitter for the WeeBurdies (of my babysitter is reading this - :o )...

Gleber2
14-Oct-06, 00:23
Just sent her off to bed. What a lovely lady. She is looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible tomorrow night in the Backer.

acameron
14-Oct-06, 00:44
Unfortunatly, I cannot make it through to Wick tomorrow - Please can someone pass on my regards to Canuck

changilass
14-Oct-06, 00:54
I wont be there either, have fun those that do get there:D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Oct-06, 00:56
On a night out with some workmates I have had the privilege to work with for 11 odd years,but shall pop in and say hello to ma fellow orger.:D :D l

Alice in Blunderland
14-Oct-06, 01:26
I am sorry to say that I am leaving for Aberdeen at lunch time so will not make tonight.Pass on my best wishes please and sorry I cannot be there.

highlander2222
14-Oct-06, 11:18

Cabbage+ Ribs

golach
14-Oct-06, 14:36
Cabbage+ Ribs
Not bad, what about the Iona or the Persevere?

highlander2222
15-Oct-06, 10:12
Not bad, what about the Iona or the Persevere?

Not as good as the ALBION

ps are u going 2 the game

zappster
15-Oct-06, 17:42
ahhh its great to see the jfats band playing locally again ..its been far far too long but unfortunately im offshore when your playing the backer... best o luck anyway gleber2

canuck
15-Oct-06, 19:25
What a wonderful night it was. Thank you to all orgers who came to the gig and joined in the fun.

I have been having a fabulous time here in Caithness. The weather has been out of this world. And the food even better. I am going to hate to leave tomorrow.

scorrie
15-Oct-06, 19:38
What a wonderful night it was. Thank you to all orgers who came to the gig and joined in the fun.

I have been having a fabulous time here in Caithness. The weather has been out of this world. And the food even better. I am going to hate to leave tomorrow.

Glad you had a good night. I had intended to pop in for a while but had to call off due to illness of a family member. Maybe next time. Have a safe journey home.

WeeBurd
15-Oct-06, 20:25

I'm sorry I never got the chance to see you all last night - I was in the Backer, but at a do, and didn't have a scoobie where to sneak off too <blush>. So close, yet so far...:(

Moira
15-Oct-06, 22:44

I'm sorry I missed all the fun last night, but I enjoyed our coffee & blether today. The weather has certainly been very favourable for your visit. Safe journey & haste ye back ...

JAWS
16-Oct-06, 02:41
For those who couldn't make it you missed a really fun night and a lot of good company.
Never mind, better luck next time.

candyfloss
16-Oct-06, 20:17
I managed to pop in for a while with Zippy, it was nice to put some faces to the names :D
And this time i was'nt doing any lurking ;)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
16-Oct-06, 23:24
Crackin night.Was a pleasure to finally meet canuck face to face,instead of through a computer screen,hope yer Old Poultneys went down well :lol:

Gleber 2 yer music was brilliant yer an excellent guitarist.Maybe we'll be able to do a duo one day,ye on the guitar and me on the recorder.

Gleeber,as always yer company and blethers are the best ma freend.

Candyfloss and Zippy,another one o' ma other,"Ah wonder if we ken any orgers".....too right we do.

JAWS.....sorry if I appeared to be in shock....but to meet an orger of your standing is like meeting Royalty.Yer a true gent and it was good to finally meet ye.

Oor Bill thanks for the pint,my 11th of the night.Did say I was at a work night out too :lol:

Really good laugh,roll on the next one

Ced.

Fran
17-Oct-06, 01:03
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_15_20.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN) OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo I'm so jealous of the orgers who were there. wish i could have been there, im dying to meet all of you who seem like friends on here and yet i probably walk past you as I dont know you!!!
Here's hoping for the next get together.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZN (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb096_ZN&utm_id=7924)

JAWS
17-Oct-06, 02:04
Cedric, I've been likened to some things in my time, most of them not repeatable here, or most other places for that matter, but Royalty. Wow, that comes as a shock, that really is a new one on me.

Don't be fooled, I kept my tail and my cloven hooves well hidden seeing I was in company but it could quite ruin my reputation as a fire breathing dragon.

Must admit, it was nice to put faces to names and especially nice to meet Canuck who had obviously made a special effort to come and see us.

The others you have already mentioned and I can only agree with you, they were all most pleasant company.

Still, until there is another Orgers "Do" and I have to put on my Humand Face again I'll go back to spreading Fire and Brimstone across the org. [evil] [lol]

candyfloss
17-Oct-06, 09:59
I felt a bit like you Cedric meeting Jaws, it's like he's famous on here :cool:
Zippy and me went on to the Waterfront, but it was rubbish. We should have stayed in the backer, it was much more fun.

Zippy
17-Oct-06, 21:24
It was a smashing night. I'm not a regular Orger, but I think I'll make more of an effort to pop in now!

Great meeting you guys. I even knew one of you already! That was a bit of a surprise :Razz

Count me in for the next meet.

JAWS
17-Oct-06, 23:48
Zippy, you wouldn't recognise me but I suspect I recognised you. (That's got you guessing)

Next time I see you working I'll make sure I give you some pain instead of your other workmates. ;)

golach
18-Oct-06, 00:19
Just sent Canuck till her bed, she has been out dining with one man and drinking with two, I leave the rest of her night to the fertile imagination of the Org.
IMO she is one of MY personal friends and will be added till my Xmas card list.
Canuck....Haste ye back till Auld Reekie

canuck
18-Oct-06, 11:03
Hello everyone,

I am about to be turfed from the Portobello library, but hopefully The Pepsi Challenge will have turned on his mobile and I can arrange to meet him for lunch.

You have all been so wonderful. My visit has been grand and I do indeed look forward to returning just as soon as I can.

Kingetter
18-Oct-06, 11:08
And we're sorry to see you go. Safe journey home and Haste Ye Back.

roblovesplastic
18-Oct-06, 11:11
I will be so sad if I have missed you but you have my tel numbers and various email addys, please get in touch at some point.

your a GREAT friend

x

Ann
18-Oct-06, 11:45
Safe journey home and haste ye back!

Gleber2
18-Oct-06, 13:27
Always welcome chez moi. A pleasure to have met you and I look forward to your return. Hasta la vista.

candyfloss
18-Oct-06, 14:49
It was nice to meet you Canuck :D

Maybe we'll meet in the org pub again sometime [lol]

canuck
19-Oct-06, 23:16
Canuck is no longer in Wick, although much of her heart has stayed there.

I am home now, finding a bit of food and soon will be off to my own bed!

I have just noticed that my PM box is full. Please give me a few hours to get settled then I shall clear it.

I'll write more once my head stops spinning from the long flight.

Kingetter
20-Oct-06, 03:20
Canuck is no longer in Wick, although much of her heart has stayed there.

I am home now, finding a bit of food and soon will be off to my own bed!

I have just noticed that my PM box is full. Please give me a few hours to get settled then I shall clear it.

I'll write more once my head stops spinning from the long flight.

But you will return!