PDA

View Full Version : Grout for wall tiles

2boyz1girl
27-Sep-11, 17:16
Wondering if any1 would know where I can get grey grout for wall tiles from locally? Not having much luck. Maybe some1 out there has some to spare sitting in their garage or shed?

teddybear1873
27-Sep-11, 17:30
Wondering if any1 would know where I can get grey grout for wall tiles from locally? Not having much luck. Maybe some1 out there has some to spare sitting in their garage or shed?

Is Home-Tec interiors still open at the Industrial Airport in Wick?

Homebase is another place you can try. If you can't find gray grout, get white grout and gray colouring is an option. I would also use a epoxy grout as it lasts longer and you want suffer from mildew.

George Brims
27-Sep-11, 21:06
Is Home-Tec interiors still open at the Industrial Airport in Wick?

Homebase is another place you can try. If you can't find gray grout, get white grout and gray colouring is an option. I would also use a epoxy grout as it lasts longer and you want suffer from mildew.
If you want to avoid mildew you MUST use grout sealant when you're done. The instructions say to do it twice, but i give it three goes just to be sure. I did a shower three years ago and even when a little mildew appears, during wetter weather when it doesn't dry out quickly, it just wipes off.

Birons
27-Sep-11, 21:30
I can do you a good deal on Evode white grout powder just now. I had a box full of 1KG packs with a burst bag.

teddybear1873
27-Sep-11, 22:16
Also, a good make of grout to get is "BAL"

teddybear1873
27-Sep-11, 22:18
If you want to avoid mildew you MUST use grout sealant when you're done. The instructions say to do it twice, but i give it three goes just to be sure. I did a shower three years ago and even when a little mildew appears, during wetter weather when it doesn't dry out quickly, it just wipes off.

That all depends on the quality of the product George. Some you do, some you don't.

George Brims
28-Sep-11, 03:25
That all depends on the quality of the product George. Some you do, some you don't.
Well I would say all of them. After all, what's a few quid and a few minutes doing a little sealing, compared to the unmitigated horror that is removing mildewed grout and re-doing it?

Aaldtimer
28-Sep-11, 03:41
..."unmitigated horror "... for goodness sake !
If that's your idea of that, you've had a sheltered life!:confused

2boyz1girl
28-Sep-11, 09:14
Hi Guys, thanks for the feedback. I have never had mildew, I am known as such a clean freak. It wouldna get the chance to start in my house!!lol
I tried homebase but no luck, think I will have to keep searching.