connieb19
10-Oct-06, 20:56
Is anyone else watching this drivel on TV just now? :roll:

willowbankbear
10-Oct-06, 20:57
No, should I be though?:)

connieb19
10-Oct-06, 21:00
Probably not. it's couples with marriage problems. Trinny and Suzannah, show them how they should be dressed, then hooray, problems solved. :roll:

willowbankbear
10-Oct-06, 21:04
what ye watchin it for then? change the channel connie ;lol. Anybody ever watch supernanany? Its quite a programme

connieb19
10-Oct-06, 21:07
what ye watchin it for then? change the channel connie ;lol. Anybody ever watch supernanany? Its quite a programme
LOL, I couldna reach the remote. Supernanny is great, do you pick up some tips Willowbankbear?

willowbankbear
10-Oct-06, 21:10
Nah, Im not into wearing hair specs skirts or wild red lipstick, speakin in a posh accent:Razz It must be good for the parents of the wee terrorists tho? Call supernana to save the day & it seems to work

heegan
10-Oct-06, 23:08
it was more than just dressing them up she had been through breast cancer found it hard to show her body even to her husband interesting i thought but eh thats my opinion.

angela5
10-Oct-06, 23:14
it was more than just dressing them up she had been through breast cancer found it hard to show her body even to her husband interesting i thought but eh thats my opinion.

I also find this programme interesting.

connieb19
11-Oct-06, 00:14
I actually thought it was in quite bad taste. This women had had a breast removed, wouldn't she have been better speaking to a proper councellor, instead of trinny and Suzannah making her feel as if she wasn't dressing nice enough for her husband.
This programe makes people focus on material things instead of what really matters.
The poor woman should have been helpe to feel confident the way she was instead of the way T and S wanted her to be.

angela5
11-Oct-06, 00:24
[quote=willowbankbear;144908Anybody ever watch supernanany? Its quite a programme[/quote]

Entertaining to say the least. How long after supernanny leaves for good does it take for things to fall back the way they were.

During the show she leaves for a week and things fall apart, pity there was not a follow up of the familys progress at a later stage.

Fran
11-Oct-06, 02:22
I actually thought it was in quite bad taste. This women had had a breast removed, wouldn't she have been better speaking to a proper councellor, instead of trinny and Suzannah making her feel as if she wasn't dressing nice enough for her husband.
This programe makes people focus on material things instead of what really matters.
The poor woman should have been helpe to feel confident the way she was instead of the way T and S wanted her to be.

I was near to tears watching this tonight. At the end it was all worth it, the couple renewed their wedding vows and looked great, they were happy and the woman got her confidence back, so surely the end result was a good thing, and will also give encouragement to other women with breast cancer.

Lolabelle
11-Oct-06, 08:06
I like to watch Trinny & Suzannah, I like the way they dress most of the people. And I think that really nice outfits do make you feel good and therefore give you confidence. But... I am over the way they try to make out how touched they are by the phycological improvements their style wisdom gives the women. I am sure to an extent it is all very good for self esteem etc, but I think the waffle they go on with at times is a bit over the top. But I still love the show, and the Supernanny, Its sad though that people don't know how to discipline thier kids in this day and age. I am a bit of the opinion that spare the rod and spoil the child is still a good thing. Of course not in excess, but a firm smack never hurt anyone. And then there's the naughty corner/ room/ stair/ chair???? Her philosophies are spot on though. In my humble opinion.

Kaishowing
11-Oct-06, 08:23
Thought Trinny & Suzannah looked fantastic....but then again I'm talking about Gordon Ramsey's pigs that he butchered and made into bacon, links and chops.
As for the real Trinny & Suzannah, I think they're terrible...the way they exploit peoples low self-esteem for TV ratings, then push them into making choices about what to wear, when the person is obviously only bowing to peer-pressure and the bullying of these two women who use their familiarity with TV cameras to get their own way.
Look at Jo Brand for instance? Even she wasn't immune to T & S's tag-team tactics....That poor woman looked so uncomfortable while they ran her down....and just as unhappy at the end of the show.
T & S aren't alone in this type of bullying TV show, and personally I just either just turn to another station, or switch off.
If you like their programme, fine....but I find them some of the most irritating people on the box!

connieb19
11-Oct-06, 10:23
I was near to tears watching this tonight. At the end it was all worth it, the couple renewed their wedding vows and looked great, they were happy and the woman got her confidence back, so surely the end result was a good thing, and will also give encouragement to other women with breast cancer.
Fair enough, the clothes maybe gave her confidence, even though she looked fine the way she was before, but the marriage guidance should be left to the experts.

Ann
11-Oct-06, 10:39
Thought Trinny & Suzannah looked fantastic....but then again I'm talking about Gordon Ramsey's pigs that he butchered and made into bacon, links and chops.
As for the real Trinny & Suzannah, I think they're terrible...the way they exploit peoples low self-esteem for TV ratings, then push them into making choices about what to wear, when the person is obviously only bowing to peer-pressure and the bullying of these two women who use their familiarity with TV cameras to get their own way.
Look at Jo Brand for instance? Even she wasn't immune to T & S's tag-team tactics....That poor woman looked so uncomfortable while they ran her down....and just as unhappy at the end of the show.
T & S aren't alone in this type of bullying TV show, and personally I just either just turn to another station, or switch off.
If you like their programme, fine....but I find them some of the most irritating people on the box!
I agree with you. How many programmes are made in the hope that they can milk some strong emotions from the poor sods that allow them too. I have no doubt that they take part in the programmes by choice but it is still cringingly obvious that some producers just make a fool of them.

You can see the cameras zoom in as soon as they think an eye is about to get wet; be it the luckless "client" or the "acting" presenter.

Still, if that's what makes the world interesting to some......:confused