PDA

View Full Version : Talk Tallk doorstep challenge??

eannsin
24-Nov-04, 22:47
Has anyone answered their doors to a tall guy saying "don't worry, its only BT"? Well if you haven't, watch out. he's not from BT he's from TalkTalk (The Carphone Warehouse phone company) and he'll try to get you to sign up to their phone package. Dunno if it's cheaper than BT or not, but I'm not having blokes gaining entry to the house by telling lies..... [evil]

apollo69
24-Nov-04, 23:26
I had a guy from Talk Talk this afternoon. He told me from the start who he was etc. And when I said I wasn't interested he was very polite and didn't try a hard sell at all. I was quite surprised because we had a guy from the same company in the summer and he was a right ignorant beggar and I had to shut the door on him eventually.

phoenix
24-Nov-04, 23:28
He was at my door tonight, same thing " Dont worry Im from BT". I was wondering why he was telling me not to worry :confused Ayway I told him I wasnt interested and as he left he winked at me. Im old enough to be his mother. :eek:

Jeid
25-Nov-04, 01:44
i'm with talk talk. if you know anybody with a talk talk billing account, and you call them a lot, its free

i have this setup, so do my parents, pretty handy

The Angel Of Death
25-Nov-04, 10:14
Watch out for some of these phone companys we was with homecall untill we got the bill it was promised to be cheaper than bt but we got 2 bills one from bt and a monthly one from homecall and they were more together than the normal bt bill we changed back sharpish

Turns out as well that when you dial a 0906 number from homecall they charge you a surcharge on top of the 50 p per min funny how thats not in the "hard sell" atleast with bt you know there rouges

myname1
25-Nov-04, 11:51
Im with talk talk and the savings are massive...I can phone my family for free...great when the phone bill arrives and i dont owe them anything :o)

The Godfather
26-Nov-04, 00:00
Im with talk talk and the savings are massive...I can phone my family for free...great when the phone bill arrives and i dont owe them anything :o)

The following people are not actors...

Hmm, 'myname1'. Wonder if someone from TalkTalk hasn't infiltrated our forum.

Geo
26-Nov-04, 00:33

Is that only if your family are with TalkTalk?

myname1
26-Nov-04, 12:31
yeah my mums with talk talk and i can phone her anytime day or night and its free...when we were BT customers I couldnt phone her I had to wait until she phoned me...for some1 with no cash i think its great

Godfather....I am unemployed....wish I did work for talk talk least id have a job!

The Godfather
26-Nov-04, 19:04
Please explain for me, how can you get something for nothing?

unicorn
26-Nov-04, 21:28
I changed to talk talk in the summer and think they are great I speak to a lot of friends all over the uk and we all joined talk talk so now we talk for free!! I have found the savings very good personally and when BT called to try to get me to change my mind i told them that lots of my calls are national and now they are free they admitted that they could not possibly compete with that hope this helps people to understand it a bit
cat

myname1
26-Nov-04, 22:23
I get lots of calls from other companies wanting me to sign up to them..they dont understand it either..ive got to repeat myself over and over telling them their deal couldnt possibly be better than the free deal im currently on with talk talk

Geo
26-Nov-04, 22:31
I think the free deal runs out in December.

unicorn
27-Nov-04, 01:46
really ok i didnt know that :( as far as i am aware as long as i am calling another talk talk customer it is free and stays free that is the whole point of it supposedly but thanx for the warning i will check next bill
cat x

Geo
27-Nov-04, 12:56
Sorry I didn't make that very clear. If you join TalkTalk before the end of December you get the service for a year with no monthly subscription. If you join after that there will be a monthly subscription which is still cheaper than BT for their similar package.

unicorn
27-Nov-04, 20:45
ahhh
thanks for clearing that up :D
cat

2little2late
28-Nov-04, 00:25
I had a guy from TALK TALK knock on my door. He was begging for money because, as a pop group they had split up and he was skint. [lol] [lol] [lol]