PDA

View Full Version : Any one else seeing The Aurora?

Kenn
26-Sep-11, 22:27
Been flickering in the sky over Reay for about the last twenty minutes.

weezer 316
26-Sep-11, 22:37
yeah the sky kinda had a hue to it here too, but the street lights dont make it easy to see

bekisman
27-Sep-11, 10:08
Yep, I get advance warning they are appearing from: http://aurorawatch.lancs.ac.uk/cgi-bin/subscribe Surprising how many we get!

doyle
27-Sep-11, 13:27
Thanks for the link Bekisman, now, hopefully I shouldn't miss them!

Gronnuck
27-Sep-11, 14:37
I wandered out into the garden at gone eleven last night and became a bit confuddled. Light sky, strangely like the sun had just gone down. I didn't see any colours but I thought I saw vertical 'streaks'. I was expecting the sky to turn all the colours of the rainbow - well a few at least - but it didn't happen for me.

Kenn
27-Sep-11, 19:38
Lol Gronnuck, unfortunately many of the colours are not visible to the naked eye.
Saw quite a few spikes here and a few ripples, not the best I have seen it though, just greenish light.

Mystical Potato Head
27-Sep-11, 20:33
Lol Gronnuck, unfortunately many of the colours are not visible to the naked eye.
Saw quite a few spikes here and a few ripples, not the best I have seen it though, just greenish light.

The thin hazy cloud ruined it quite a bit but there were a few very high spikes almost reaching overhead at 10.45 and there was a flurry of spikes and wavy curtain effects at around 1 pm,unfortunately it was accompanied by low cloud and it quickly covered everything.It was one of the strongest aurora storms to hit the earth during this solar cycle.