PDA

View Full Version : camcorder tapes to a cd in caithness

shaz77
25-Sep-11, 22:56
Does anyone know where i can take my camcorder tapes and get them transferred on to a cd did try shore lane in wick but no can do :( thanks in advance....

Kevin Milkins
25-Sep-11, 23:39
Lidl have a video grabber on offer just now.

sandyr1
26-Sep-11, 01:37
I tried to transfer my VHS/ Camcorder tapes to a CD/DVD and was not happy, so I had them done professionally.........
There are a number of pitfalls with DVD's... First get the most expensive and then you have to select the proper ones. There are CD/ DVD-R/ DVD+R and maybe even more types with you.......
And they don't last indefinitely like I once thought/ they have to be kept in proper environmental conditions....You can get that by searching DVD Degradation.
If you want them to last more than a few years...say 8/10 then have them done by a Pro....unless you can get the Pro to help you...DVD's use Gold..Silver or Silver Alloy and obviously Gold last longer but is more expensive. Better to check it out....
Ohhhhhhhhh and keep the originals.. amazing how long they last...I have Standard 8 & Super 8 from 1967 and they still work OK/ Color is a wee bitty faded but OK.