PDA

View Full Version : double glazing

sweep
10-Oct-06, 15:29
has anyone had white upvc replacement windows from Everest. if so are they better than locally made windows. i need to buy white to keep with the look of the house(older). can you recommend any?

henry20
10-Oct-06, 15:46
Hi sweep

Personally, I bought my windows from Norscot - they were by far the cheapest quote I got.

I also priced from Sinclair Windows and Easter Ross Glass.

There was a difference of £1000 between top & bottom prices and both Norscot & ERG shone with professionalism - can't say the same about Sinclair Windows.

I got mine done 5 years ago and at the time, I hadn't heard a good word said about Everest, but they do seem to be doing a fair bit of business up in the area.

My advice is to price around - and go for service over cost. If I hadn't got a quote from Norscot, I would have gone for ERG despite them being the dearest because they were so much more professional than Sinclair Windows and seemed to take pride in the product they sold.

:D

Bobinovich
10-Oct-06, 16:21
Can also recommend Cairngorm on price, quality and speed of installation, but they do lack somewhat in aftersales service.

Gogglebox
10-Oct-06, 16:46
Can also recommend Cairngorm on price, quality and speed of installation, but they do lack somewhat in aftersales service.

You just want them to come round and wash them for you once a week!!lol

saxovtr
10-Oct-06, 23:13
go for sinclair windows

loneranger
10-Oct-06, 23:32
i think myself i'd go for norscot or cairngorm! no way will i ever go near sinclair windows as my mother got windows from them and the owners attitude stinks! and there aftersales are not that good![disgust]

rockchick
11-Oct-06, 05:28
We got six quotes to do the windows on our house - Everest was by far the dearest, and Sinclair Windows was the cheapest, and there was about £2000 between them. We decided to go with Cairngorm, who were in between pricewise, and haven't regretted it for a moment. Any problem we had with them, and they were only minor problems, were dealt with promptly and to our satisfaction.

Bobinovich
11-Oct-06, 10:32
You just want them to come round and wash them for you once a week!!lol

Rumbled! You've known me too long G! [lol]