PDA

View Full Version : Wick road works

Fran
10-Oct-06, 00:56
There will be congestion inWick high Street next week when roadworks begin for 4 weeks between the traffic lights and the road to Lousiburgh Street.

angela5
10-Oct-06, 10:38
Is'nt there usually a congestion in high street?? Don't see the road works making much difference.:eek:

Big G
10-Oct-06, 12:18
so does that mean 'gridlock' in Wick too?

saxovtr
10-Oct-06, 12:26
dosnt help that many people dont know how to work a roundabout

connieb19
10-Oct-06, 13:28
That part of the street was dug up short ago. Wouldn't it have made more sense to do all the work at the same time. :confused

saxovtr
10-Oct-06, 13:51
That part of the street was dug up short ago. Wouldn't it have made more sense to do all the work at the same time. :confused

thats just to much of a sensible suggestion,its caithness!!

burstbucker
10-Oct-06, 14:03
If they worked from Bridge Street to Kirk Hill all at once think how much more congestion there would have been with no through route, how would that be sensible?

connieb19
10-Oct-06, 14:07
If they worked from Bridge Street to Kirk Hill all at once think how much more congestion there would have been with no through route, how would that be sensible?
I mean all the work between the traffic lights and Lousburgh Street. That's where Fran says they will be digging. It was already dug up just a matter of weeks ago. :confused

saxovtr
10-Oct-06, 14:33
exactly connie,so why couldnt it been all done at once instead of causing congestion,stopping,causing congestion,stopping,blah blah blah.......

Fran
10-Oct-06, 15:47
It was all recently done, but have you noticed how the road has actually "sunk" just pass the traffic lights opposite Mcallans mens shop.Not surprising with all the big lorries going to Tesco and Semi-chem andout of Wick.

rainbow
10-Oct-06, 18:31
They say 4 weeks but the last lot of roadworks (resurfacing from Whitechapel Lane to Parish Church) took alot longer than anticipated, so I would take the 4 week estimate with a pinch of salt. The alternative route round the back of the Mackays Hotel seems really appealing and will no doubt be used by everyone.

2little2late
10-Oct-06, 23:54

The reason it wasn't done at the same time was because it was preferred to wait until the tourist season was over. Very logical I think.

connieb19
11-Oct-06, 00:07
The reason it wasn't done at the same time was because it was preferred to wait until the tourist season was over. Very logical I think.
Digging the same bit of street up twice, a few weeks apart. Very logical. :roll: Whats the logic in doing it twice?

2little2late
11-Oct-06, 00:09
Digging the same bit of street up twice, a few weeks apart. Very logical. :roll: Whats the logic in doing it twice?

Would think they will only dig up to where the new part of the road finishes.

saxovtr
11-Oct-06, 01:06
fine if they dig up where the new road ends,but if they dig up the whole lot again,cudnt they have just waited until the tourist season was over and just done the whole lot?