PDA

View Full Version : Some People

nospropertyservices
23-Sep-11, 13:51
hello all,

thought i would seek a bit of advice recently we started a business offering services for the home and garden now in the mean time we have posted information about ourselfs on the org then we have another business that posts onto our thread saying for better prices heres my business adress.

would anyone els be offended?

If we had to much work we would have recomended the other business?

I would just like to know your views on this to me sounds like a very petty and childish thing to do, we all work our hardest to provide for our families but to go down the road slandering other businesses when you dont even no them well that says alot about the other business.

Beat Bug
23-Sep-11, 14:03
Looks to me like someone with not a lot of work just taking advantage of a situation, and jumping on your band wagon! I wouldn't take it too seriously. At the end of the day, the one who gives the best value for money is the one who gets to keep their customers.

Kodiak
23-Sep-11, 14:45
That is what can happen when you post on a Public Forum. Any Member can answer and post what they like and there is not much you can do about it.

I found the thread you are taliking about and he did not post his Business address as this is what he posted :-

and i must say, no one has the right to remove my post from this either, as i make the normal dog kennels without runs, at a much cheaper price. thank you.

Not quite what you stated.

Torvaig
23-Sep-11, 15:06
If you choose to advertise your business on a public forum I suggest closing it as soon as you have posted - then no-one can answer but anyone wanting to get in touch can send you a private message. Your own post will still be visible....

Tilly Teckel
23-Sep-11, 16:30
Good idea from Torvaig. I kinda agree with the OP though, surely it's common courtesy not to jump on someone else's business thread to advertise yourself? Start your own!

nospropertyservices
23-Sep-11, 17:33
That is what can happen when you post on a Public Forum. Any Member can answer and post what they like and there is not much you can do about it.

I found the thread you are taliking about and he did not post his Business address as this is what he posted :-

http://forum.caithness.org/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by george1234http://forum.caithness.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=890032#post890032)
and i must say, no one has the right to remove my post from this either, as i make the normal dog kennels without runs, at a much cheaper price. thank you.

Not quite waht you stated.[/QUOTE]

as george has stated above i already removed his original post from my thread, in his original post he gave directions to finding his business on facebook, i would totaly agree with tilly teckel. the thing that gets me is when people come online asking for a quote and then reply actually i can get it cheaper on ebay, i agree with what george is saying also he may very well be able to beat my prices the diffrence is we are building using the best timber available and we are not competing with any locals let alone going online to say this is my business and ill beat his prices. we are running our business offering people guarantees and customer service, we are also a fully registerd business with insurance and liability for building sheds and huts.

Kodiak
23-Sep-11, 17:55
i already removed his original post from my thread,

Very Interesting this. Since you state that you removed his Post from the Thread that you Started, perhaps you can tell me Exactly how you removed someone elses Post.

nospropertyservices
23-Sep-11, 18:09
there is a option called thread tools and it allows you to delete your post i simply deleted my post and reposted

Kodiak
23-Sep-11, 18:53
there is a option called thread tools and it allows you to delete your post i simply deleted my post and reposted

LOL So you didn't remove his post from your thread at all. So you told a little fib. You just closed the whole thread and that is not the same thing at all. I thought that was what you did. LOL.

As I said before this is a Public forum and memebrs can post what they like on any thread. You advertised your business and since you advertised it for Free you can not complain if someone wishes to jump in.

nospropertyservices
23-Sep-11, 19:27
kodiak, yes you are right in saying it is a public thread and as i wasnt making a complaint to admins just asking if anyone else would be offended.

Kodiak
23-Sep-11, 19:40
kodiak, yes you are right in saying it is a public thread and as i wasnt making a complaint to admins just asking if anyone else would be offended.

Ahh. In that case I will answer.

Offended, No not at all. I would take it as a compliment as say so in a reply. There is nothing like a bit of competition to build up a business.

Moira
23-Sep-11, 21:33

Good for you Nospropertyservices. All best with your business.

nospropertyservices
23-Sep-11, 21:46
thank you moira things seem to be going well and with good word of mouth best form of advetisment.