PDA

View Full Version : Junk mail

2little2late
09-Oct-06, 21:39
So, the post office have decided they are going to deliver even more rubbish through our doors. After the postal worker who got suspended for advising the public how to stop receiving junk mail, here is a way of retaliating.

Everytime we receive junk mail through our own letter boxes why not send it back via the post boxes. I am sure if everyone who received junk mail did this it might make the Royal Mail think twice about sending us junk mail. After all, it will be the poor workers in the sorting office who will suffer by having to sort all the junk mail from genuine mail.

Is everyone in agreement with me? If so get posting that junk mail back!

WeeBurd
09-Oct-06, 21:48
Good thinking, Batman [lol] !

sapphire
09-Oct-06, 21:50
So, the post office have decided they are going to deliver even more rubbish through our doors. After the postal worker who got suspended for advising the public how to stop receiving junk mail, here is a way of retaliating.

Everytime we receive junk mail through our own letter boxes why not send it back via the post boxes. I am sure if everyone who received junk mail did this it might make the Royal Mail think twice about sending us junk mail. After all, it will be the poor workers in the sorting office who will suffer by having to sort all the junk mail from genuine mail.

Is everyone in agreement with me? If so get posting that junk mail back!

If you don't want to receive 'junk mail' then sign up for the mail preference service.Why make our Posties lives more difficult? They have a job to do like everyone else to pay their mortgages,shoes for the kids,etc etc, and if that means they do as they are told and deliver 'junk' then IMO the person who you need to retaliate against is the one who has made this 'brilliant' decision.[disgust]
Better that you get their address and forward it all to them!...somehow I think he/she may have already signed up for the MPS !!!! lol :lol:

Dreadnought
09-Oct-06, 22:42
...or play Dreadnought's patented anti-junkmail game... see this thread (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=14179) for more details... ;)

MadPict
09-Oct-06, 22:49
Unaddressed mail can be stopped. It is not as straightforward as the MPS which can be done online.

You have to write to
Opt-Outs, Royal Mail, Kingsmead House, Oxpens Road, Oxford, OX1 1RX

For addressed mail - Mail Preference Service (MPS), Freepost 29, LON 20771, London, W1E 0ZT or call 0845 703 4599 -
http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/

Unfortunately this will not stop letters addressed to "The Occupier", which the postman is legally obliged to deliver.

Try the low tech method of a "No Junk Mail" on your letter box...

2little2late
10-Oct-06, 23:43
I have registered with MPS online but it does not stop you being sent unaddressed junk mail the same as TPS does not stop BT from cold calling you. I still say the best ways is to put all the junk back in the postbox. I am going to carry on doing this until junk mail is not being sent anymore.

MadPict
11-Oct-06, 00:03
The MPS only deals with addressed mail - to opt out of unaddressed mail you need to write to:-

2little2late
11-Oct-06, 00:05
The MPS only deals with addressed mail - to opt out of unaddressed mail you need to write to:-

I'll stick with putting junk back in the post box. Not going to waste money on a stamp.

MadPict
11-Oct-06, 00:10
Use one of the postage paid envelopes in the junk mail and stick a label on it?

2little2late
11-Oct-06, 00:15
Use one of the postage paid envelopes in the junk mail and stick a label on it?

Or I could send it in an unstamped envelope and then the Royal mail will have to pay the postage. Just like we have to do when we get mail sent without the correct postage on them.

saxovtr
11-Oct-06, 01:04
sick of it myself,i for 1 will certainly send it back [lol]

mareng
11-Oct-06, 11:48
When you get those "pre-approved" letters in the mail for everything
from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and similar type junk, do not throw away
the return envelope.

Most of these come with postage-prepaid return envelopes, right?

It costs them more than the regular postage "IF" and when they
receive them back.

It costs them nothing if you throw them away! In that case, why not get
rid of some of your other junk mail and put it in these cool little,
postage-prepaid return envelopes.

Send an ad for your local chip shop to American Express.

Send a pizza coupon to Westpac.

If you didn't get anything else that day, then just send them their
blank application back!

If you want to remain anonymous, just make sure your name isn't on
anything you send them.

You can even send the envelope back empty! It still costs them!! The banks and credit card companies are currently getting a lot of their own junk back in the mail, but we need to OVERWHELM them.

Let's let them know what it's like to get lots of junk mail, and best
of all they're paying for it... Twice!

Let's help keep Royal Mail busy, since they are saying that e-mail is
cutting into their business profits, and that's why they need to increase
postage costs again. You get the idea! If enough people follow these tips,
it will work ---- maybe you'll get very little junk mail anymore.

How can you go wrong?

2little2late
12-Oct-06, 11:11
Sounds like a better idea than mine. Any junk mail I get with prepaid envelopes inside I will return to the sender, any other junk mail I will post back in the post box.