PDA

View Full Version : Kids dont you love them!

Dadie
21-Sep-11, 22:55
I was told tonight at bathtime...Mum we have to dress as coyboys tommorrow for school.
...the note I was supposed to get(about a week ago_) was lost...between putting it in the bag and the school gate on whatever day...
I saw some other parents in the same sort of panic as i was in, in tescos tonight (late ish) looking aimlessly at checked shirts wondering if they would do ...
I have just spent ages on making sheriff badges blue peter style ... the paint took forever to dry....
And I know I will be branded as a mum that doesnt really care.....as my effort so far is a bit naff!
Checked shirt, leggings, boots and a cardboard badge....couldnt get a hat after 7pm....!
that and the PE kit taken home the night before its needed again is just about enough to do me in!

Sandra_B
22-Sep-11, 09:49
I wonder which is worse...not finding out till the night before or daily nagging for almost three weeks?

Hope the day lives up to the kids expectations.

Thumper
22-Sep-11, 09:51
Yup mine did the same,but it was at 9.30pm!Miracle worker I am not lol x

lindsaymcc
22-Sep-11, 10:08
Its a county wide thing, and as such not a hat to be found!

My kids have gone in jeans and checked shirts.... thats as far as it goes!

linnie612
22-Sep-11, 12:58
I remember all that - 'Mum, I need..', 'What! Where am I supposed to get THAT at this time of night?'..... 'Yeah, but I still need...'

End result - mum spends night worrying, child sleeps blissfully. Happy days!:D

oldmarine
22-Sep-11, 17:50
Yes, I love my children but I love my grandchildren & greatgrandchildren even more.

Kells
22-Sep-11, 20:02
Yes, I love my children but I love my grandchildren & greatgrandchildren even more.

I understand that as I feel the same way and sometimes feel a little guilty about it as well. :)

Garnet
23-Sep-11, 18:05
Thanks for that 'oldmarine' just tickled me causing me to laugh out loud!! You do come up with some good ones. G.

Kodiak
23-Sep-11, 19:06
Yes I do Love Kids.......But I could never eat a whole one. [lol]

orkneycadian
23-Sep-11, 23:18
Mum we have to dress as coyboys tommorrow for school.

Don't they go to there to learn things there anymore? Between fashion parades for "High school proms" (dresses on sale later) and coming to school dressed as cowboys, I can see why they are having to lower the standards of exam questions in order to maintain or boost pass rates!

My recollection of school was that if anything had to be made, then we did it at school - Not Mums and Dads having to make it at home!

Dadie
23-Sep-11, 23:29
My little one is only in P1 so she is learning to read and write and do sums as well as a lot of play led learning at the moment!
So I can only comment on what she has had so far and it seems good.
She has leaned the letter sounds with songs (helps with sounding out words) which not only includes the alphabet a. b.c...etc but also the other sounds such as ee ie ou etc..
I think the fun days are just fun days that although they encompass a fun element dont really distract from the whole learning curriculum!
Just engage the kids in a different way!