PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back Shelley! :¬)

Torvaig
20-Sep-11, 09:42
A sincere welcome back Shelley; your fans await you! :)

I have done a lot of thinking after reading all the posts re Shelley's outburst and my response to it.

I am a hypocrite. I, like many others of my generation, swear.

It relieves the tension or the frustration of disliking either a statement, a person or a situation.

I understand Shelley's gut reaction to the situation over the charges/donations for the fireworks display but my response was my gut feeling at reading what I call offensive words.

Not because I am a delicate creature but because it wasn't nice to read those words on a public/family forum and it shocked me because I and many others try to respect the age groups which look in on the org.

My parents didn't swear much and we certainly noticed when they did! As I grew up I started to hear other swear words outside my home which were alien to me and I didn't learn the true meaning of the words until they were explained!

However, I concede that I am struggling against a tide of change in family life. Parents have been swearing and drinking in front of children from time immemorial but many of us never knew it.

Nowadays they are more open and honest about it whereas in my young days the tendency was for just the men to drink and I now know that some women did also. I seldom saw a woman drink alcohol when I was a child and was shocked the first time I saw one tipsy.

Now with our winning the battle for equality, some women swear and drink just like some of the men and now, seemingly, so do some of our bairns.

At last the generations are equal.

shazzap
20-Sep-11, 09:47
Hi, and welcome back Shelley. I know i sometimes have to bite my tongue.

lindsaymcc
20-Sep-11, 09:52
Welcome back Shelley!! And Torvaig, you are to be commended on your opening post.

Corrie 3
20-Sep-11, 10:49
Well said Torvaig, personally I don't like swearing but I don't condone others that do, it is their choice!!
Welcome back Shelley and I am right behind you in getting a price put on the fireworks, it's a disgrace that it is left to donations and then they charge you at the gate.
Carry on the good work Shelley, you make some really good posts on the .Org!!!

C3..................:);)

achingale
20-Sep-11, 12:57
Well said Torvaig, personally I don't like swearing but I don't condone others that do, it is their choice!!
Welcome back Shelley and I am right behind you in getting a price put on the fireworks, it's a disgrace that it is left to donations and then they charge you at the gate.
Carry on the good work Shelley, you make some really good posts on the .Org!!!

C3..................:);)

Well said and I totally agree. Welcome back Shelley!

Invisible
20-Sep-11, 13:02
Good to see Shelley back. Your fans do indeed await you. :Razz

teddybear1873
20-Sep-11, 13:10
Welcome back Shelley. Now for the forum rules…1. No gossip…2. No complaining…3. No slacking…4. No negativity…5. No coffee breaks..6. And no bloody swearing. :Razz

linnie612
20-Sep-11, 15:46
A stirring rendition of 'We Shall Overcome', perhaps?

ShelleyCowie
20-Sep-11, 17:22
Welcome back Shelley. Now for the forum rules…1. No gossip…2. No complaining…3. No slacking…4. No negativity…5. No coffee breaks..6. And no bloody swearing. :Razz

I'll be good i swear ;)

peedie man
20-Sep-11, 17:35
good to see you back,xxx

dragonfly
20-Sep-11, 18:23
I'll be good i swear ;)

no Shelley, no swearing!!!