PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful world pt2

billmoseley
19-Sep-11, 19:25
A few months ago i posted what a wonderful we live in. Well i thought i would share my mornings drive from this morning. I set off from Bettyhill as the first chinks of light were just showing in the pale blue sky and headed off west. I crossed the tongue causeway and carried on up and over the hill as i dropped down toward Hope i rounded a corner to see a magnificent stag in all his splendor stood in the road he was huge and ready for the rut. i left him behind and carried on another 5 or 6 mile to come upon a her of deer with there fairly well grown young at foot. Off to one side was a mother sulking her baby another amazing sight. when i got to the bottom end of Loch Eribol there playing on the shore line was an otter taking no notice of me whats so ever. then traveling up the far side of the Loch i looked back east to see a flame red sky as the sun rose. What a wonderful.:cool: world

weezer 316
19-Sep-11, 19:49
Just wait until the rapture!

Tilly Teckel
20-Sep-11, 22:58
What a wonderful post! Made me smile, thank you :D

John Little
20-Sep-11, 23:06
Dammit Bill - if you are not a poet then I do not know who is.

Fine post.

teddybear1873
20-Sep-11, 23:31
Shame you weren't able to take pics. Would have been wonderful to see.

billmoseley
04-Oct-11, 19:37
Alas now the mornings have drawn in i see very little the odd glint of an eye in the head lights and that's it. the beauty of this wild life is open for all to see just set your alarms for just before dawn jump in the car and drive. i would be amazed if you didn't see something. Roll on the lighter mornings again

oldmarine
04-Oct-11, 22:44
A few months ago i posted what a wonderful we live in. Well i thought i would share my mornings drive from this morning. I set off from Bettyhill as the first chinks of light were just showing in the pale blue sky and headed off west. I crossed the tongue causeway and carried on up and over the hill as i dropped down toward Hope i rounded a corner to see a magnificent stag in all his splendor stood in the road he was huge and ready for the rut. i left him behind and carried on another 5 or 6 mile to come upon a her of deer with there fairly well grown young at foot. Off to one side was a mother sulking her baby another amazing sight. when i got to the bottom end of Loch Eribol there playing on the shore line was an otter taking no notice of me whats so ever. then traveling up the far side of the Loch i looked back east to see a flame red sky as the sun rose. What a wonderful.:cool: world
It was great to read this even without the pix. Makes me want to return to Caithness for the view.

David Banks
05-Oct-11, 15:49
Alas now the mornings have drawn in i see very little the odd glint of an eye in the head lights and that's it. the beauty of this wild life is open for all to see just set your alarms for just before dawn jump in the car and drive. i would be amazed if you didn't see something. Roll on the lighter mornings again

As you can tell from my avatar, I am also a lover of sunrises. And, like you, we are past the good sunrise season here in Nova Scotia.

The last stag I saw was between the Ord and Berriedale, and that was probably 40 years ago. Thank you for sparking my memory with your great word picture.