PDA

View Full Version : morning all

peedie
09-Oct-06, 08:18
how is everyone else spending their morning?? i'm waiting on the gas man to arrive (anytime between 8am and 1pm :roll:) it all got a bit exciting here last nite, no switches on or off because there was a smell of gas, turns out we had a faulty boiler which is now off but its FREEZING!!! thank god i'm home in 3 days (not that i'm counting) so i can get back infront of the rayburn, never heard any reports of coal exploding..... :D

willowbankbear
09-Oct-06, 08:31
How are we? Terrific, my wee boy decided to rise & shine at 4.15, mrs Bear got up with him but changed places with me about 3/4 of an hour ago. Its still middle of the night to me. At least he`s a happy chappy

candyfloss
09-Oct-06, 09:15
I'll be staying in today i think,oldest daughters getting her new bed today so i'm the one that has to wait in till it's delivered.And were planning to do some wallpapering so i'll be striping the walls.

loo-b-loo
09-Oct-06, 09:20
Not much planned for today - hope to be viewing some houses this afternoon. Then got to pack my bags ready to go away for my 2nd week of 7 weeks training in Inverness for Tescos!

WeeBurd
09-Oct-06, 10:01
Wee'erBurd is lolling around on the floor shouting "Am stuck, Mummy, help" (she's no stuck, just a comediene!) and Wee'estBurd is brewing something fruity in her nappy as she's lying snoozing in my arms here [lol] .

Once Wee'est is awake again, e'Burds's will be heading out for a stroll, maybe take the Mutt too...

golach
09-Oct-06, 10:03
Sitting here waiting for a phone call from Canuck to say she has arrived in Auld Reekie, and then to meet her face to face :D

Kingetter
09-Oct-06, 10:19
When you do meet up, please say a big Welcome to her from us eh?
What's the weather like doon there?

golach
09-Oct-06, 10:21
When you do meet up, please say a big Welcome to her from us eh?
What's the weather like doon there?
Cool and sunny at the moment, Autumn has arrived:(

Kingetter
09-Oct-06, 10:24
Thanks for that, and at least it is dry. Cool she won't mind too much.

mccaugm
09-Oct-06, 11:34
Not much planned for today - hope to be viewing some houses this afternoon. Then got to pack my bags ready to go away for my 2nd week of 7 weeks training in Inverness for Tescos!

7 weeks training what are you going to be the managing director?

Ann
09-Oct-06, 11:45

Of course she is; aim high! ;)

Best of luck LBL.

WeeBurd
09-Oct-06, 11:54

Miaow, mccaughm!!

Enjoy Loo-B, training can be a good giggle! Anyway, anyone working in a customer facing environment SHOULD receive considerable training - it's a hard job, I can vouch for that!;)

Ann
09-Oct-06, 12:01
After all the complaints on here about the service level of some places in Caithness, maybe it is time all our businesses sent their staff on "be nice to customers" courses.

They do work; some staff are so busy they don't notice that a customer can go unseen. These courses do open your eyes to how simple it is to acknowledge people even though you won't be able to deal with them for a wee while.

They also make staff aware that their conversations (even related to their work) are secondary to customer relations. A smile and a nod goes a long way even if you are feeling harassed and overworked. Can even help to cheer up the staff member as well; it works both ways.

golach
09-Oct-06, 12:14
Cool and sunny at the moment, Autumn has arrived:(
So Has Canuck, she has arrived safely and is now sleeping off her jet lag:D

Kingetter
09-Oct-06, 12:18

Thanks for the update.

rockchick
09-Oct-06, 12:22
I spent this gorgeous morning catching up on work emails after having been away for all of last week...sigh.

Tristan
09-Oct-06, 13:14

Welcome back to Scotland Canuck

Sporran
09-Oct-06, 22:33

Glad to hear Canuck has arrived in Scotland OK. I told her to drink a dram for me tonight at the pub with you and the good doctor! :D She's probably doing that right now as I type......

golach
09-Oct-06, 23:27
Glad to hear Canuck has arrived in Scotland OK. I told her to drink a dram for me tonight at the pub with you and the good doctor! :D She's probably doing that right now as I type......
No Sporran, she is on her way home till her bed....we had a great night, she never had a dram at all

oldmarine
10-Oct-06, 00:26
Made my wife happy today. She came home to finished new flooring in our house. It's a cherry colored laminated wood flooring. She's wanted it for more than a year, so the old carpeting came out and the laminated new flooring went in. It was great to see the happy smile on her face.
:roll: :lol:

dirdyweeker
10-Oct-06, 00:41
Made my wife happy today. She came home to finished new flooring in our house. It's a cherry colored laminated wood flooring. She's wanted it for more than a year, so the old carpeting came out and the laminated new flooring went in. It was great to see the happy smile on her face.

what a kind husband and a lucky wife. I am glad you did that for her.
I slept all morning after my night shift and as usual am now wide awake and will be for a few hours yet. No night shift (paid that is!) tonight.
It was a beautiful afternoon weather wise in Wick so I washed the car.:)