PDA

View Full Version : Doing silly things thread

secrets in symmetry
17-Sep-11, 21:46
I normally hate this sort of thread. I really do. But since I seem to be Public Enemy Number One amongst some sectors of this forum, I thought I'd give the members of that sector a laugh at my expense....

I have just been for a pee after chopping chillies.

My God, those chillis were a lot hotter than I thought!

gleeber
17-Sep-11, 21:59
you'll go to any lengths to disgiuse your shame. Thats a classic paranoic attitude you are displaying there. Only a theory mind. ;)

secrets in symmetry
17-Sep-11, 22:05
I think you might mean only a hypothesis....

There could be an up side to this. I don't ever need to buy Deep Heat again!

Kells
17-Sep-11, 22:16
I think you might mean only a hypothesis....

There could be an up side to this. I don't ever need to buy Deep Heat again!

When did you become Public Enemy number one ... have I missed something? I guess that is one way to heat up though........lol

shazzap
17-Sep-11, 22:22
I normally hate this sort of thread. I really do. But since I seem to be Public Enemy Number One amongst some sectors of this forum, I thought I'd give the members of that sector a laugh at my expense....

I have just been for a pee after chopping chillis.

When did you attain that title.
My OH once put Algipan on his testes.

ducati
17-Sep-11, 22:25
See thats why you shouldn't cook. I personally am not allowed anything sharp like a veggie knife. Also I have to put my helmet on first thing in the morning so I stay safe all day.

secrets in symmetry
18-Sep-11, 00:34
When did you attain that title.
My OH once put Algipan on his testes.I thought one member had decided to leave because he didn't like me pointing out that he didn't understand climate science, and others evidently don't like being scolded when they post rubbish on the same topic. Or is it simply that I'm suffering from delusions of grandeur?

There's no need to splash out on Algipan when a Thai chilli does the same job at a fraction of the price!

brandy
18-Sep-11, 01:08
no no no.. youve not made it that high.. or low even.. there are many others ahead of you in the line*G* but ouch... im a girl and i feel for you!!

joxville
18-Sep-11, 01:20
Hmmm, being stupid...well here's mine SiS, a horrible experience that you've reminded me of.

Imagine the scene...you're 18yrs old, it's a Saturday night and you're geting ready to go out on the town. You've showered and shaved, time to put on some deodorant and aftershave, as an afterthought you decide to splash some aftershave 'down there', my legs are crossed just reliving that moment.:eek:

teddybear1873
18-Sep-11, 02:19
Hmmm, being stupid...well here's mine SiS, a horrible experience that you've reminded me of.

Imagine the scene...you're 18yrs old, it's a Saturday night and you're geting ready to go out on the town. You've showered and shaved, time to put on some deodorant and aftershave, as an afterthought you decide to splash some aftershave 'down there', my legs are crossed just reliving that moment.:eek:

I didn't relies shaving down there back in the 70's was the thing. I thought they were as hairy as Ron Jeremy.

joxville
18-Sep-11, 02:37
I didn't relies shaving down there back in the 70's was the thing. I thought they were as hairy as Ron Jeremy.

I didn't shave down there, I just thought it would be good to add some fragrance; the only ones at home that night: mum, my two sisters and younger brother, have you ever experienced a silent scream?

teddybear1873
18-Sep-11, 04:03
I didn't shave down there, I just thought it would be good to add some fragrance; the only ones at home that night: mum, my two sisters and younger brother, have you ever experienced a silent scream?

Wasn't that dreaded Old Spice was it Jox lol.

Still, could have been worse. You could be a Jew lol.

theone
18-Sep-11, 08:58
I didn't shave down there, I just thought it would be good to add some fragrance;

I must try that chat up line.

Do you want to smell my Brut?

joxville
18-Sep-11, 10:44
I've never worn Old Spice or Brut. It was the 80's, my aftershave of choice was Denim, I don't know if it's still made these days.

linnie612
18-Sep-11, 11:23
I've never worn Old Spice or Brut. It was the 80's, my aftershave of choice was Denim

For 'when a man doesn't have to try...too hard.:D

shazzap
18-Sep-11, 11:46
I thought one member had decided to leave because he didn't like me pointing out that he didn't understand climate science, and others evidently don't like being scolded when they post rubbish on the same topic. Or is it simply that I'm suffering from delusions of grandeur?

There's no need to splash out on Algipan when a Thai chilli does the same job at a fraction of the price!

It will be your theory. Delusions of grandeur. :lol:

I myself can't understand the leaving, or reporting. Because of what another member has posted, to you, or about you.
I try not to bite. But sometimes i do, and come back with a sarcastic remark. Childish i know, but i am only human. With the failings that come with that.

golach
18-Sep-11, 12:11
Wasn't that dreaded Old Spice was it Jox lol.

Nothing wrong with Old Spice, been using it for over 60 years, never had any complains.

ducati
18-Sep-11, 12:25
I've never used aftershave. Far too dangerous!

Corrie 3
18-Sep-11, 12:31
I thought one member had decided to leave because he didn't like me pointing out that he didn't understand climate science,
Nothing new there, no one on this Forum understands it.....They only think they do and I wish the amateurs would leave it to the professionals..
The doing silly things thread?????.....The silliest thing anyone on here can do is start a thread on climate change, it is pointless !!!

C3............:roll:;)

Kodiak
18-Sep-11, 13:14
I've never worn Old Spice or Brut. It was the 80's, my aftershave of choice was Denim, I don't know if it's still made these days.

I don't use After Shave................but then I don't shave either. :D

oldmarine
18-Sep-11, 15:28
Nothing wrong with Old Spice, been using it for over 60 years, never had any complains.
In the past I used Old Spice and thought it was great. Now that I use an electric razor, I use Lectric Shave. So far no complaints.

teddybear1873
18-Sep-11, 15:30

That's cause it's for auld mannies Golach :)

golach
18-Sep-11, 15:32
That's cause it's for auld mannies Golach :)

but teddy I was a young laddie when I first found it [lol]

secrets in symmetry
18-Sep-11, 23:35
I'm thinking of repeating joxville's denim trick, but I fear he suffered more than I did at the hands of the Thai chillies.

Should I do the experiment and report back? It would be in the interest of science.

shazzap
18-Sep-11, 23:39
I like these two fragrances for men. Kouros and Old Spice.

golach
18-Sep-11, 23:42
I like these two fragrances for men. Kouros and Old Spice.

Kisses Shazzap

shazzap
18-Sep-11, 23:44
Kisses Shazzap

Ahhhhhhh, thats nice. Seriously though, i think men, smell like men. With those two.

secrets in symmetry
19-Sep-11, 00:16
I use Diesel Only the Brave and Paco Rabanne 1 Million.

Am I acceptable, shazzap? I fear the answer....

shazzap
19-Sep-11, 00:21
I use Diesel Only the Brave and Paco Rabanne 1 Million.

Am I acceptable, shazzap? I fear the answer....

Diesel, don't like. The other two i don't know. I have always liked the smell of Old Spice, but love the smell of Kouros.

secrets in symmetry
19-Sep-11, 00:39
There are only two.

One is Only the Brave which is made by Diesel.

The other is 1 Million which is made by Paco Rabanne.

Some say the containers look better than they smell!

Where can I buy Kouros? ;)

Aaldtimer
19-Sep-11, 03:25
I remeber a long time ago, shaving, bathing, drying myself off, then reaching for a bottle of aftershave which was seriously covered with condensation...it slipped from my fingers, smashed on the edge of the bathroom basin, covered my erm...well, you know what with the contents!
You ever tried to get your tackle under the cold tap in a bath?

Not an experience I would wish on anyone!:eek:

ducati
19-Sep-11, 07:14
Ahhhhhhh, thats nice. Seriously though, i think men, smell like men. With those two.

I think, you'll find, men smell like men, without them. :eek:

shazzap
19-Sep-11, 09:55
I think, you'll find, men smell like men, without them. :eek:

Ok then.
How i like men to smell.:roll:

brandy
19-Sep-11, 15:54
disel.. yum.. i love it on hubby... if he ever wants my attention out comes the disel..

joxville
19-Sep-11, 16:20
I'm thinking of repeating joxville's denim trick, but I fear he suffered more than I did at the hands of the Thai chillies.

Should I do the experiment and report back? It would be in the interest of science.

DO NOT repeat what I did or you'll be singing a Jerry Lee Lewis hit in the style of Katherine Jenkins [lol]

These days I use Diesel and Kouros aftershave.

But only on my face. :D

The Angel Of Death
19-Sep-11, 19:06

I see your Thai chillies and raise you some of These

(http://www.dorsetnaga.com/)Same mistake louder screams and a slice of bad wordies

linnie612
19-Sep-11, 19:15
disel.. yum.. i love it on hubby... if he ever wants my attention out comes the disel..

Thank goodness your preferred fragrance isn't called 'Petrol':D

Metalattakk
20-Sep-11, 04:24

You should have used Brut. After all, dear ol' 'Enery did categorically state "Splash it all ovaahh!"

George Brims
20-Sep-11, 18:24
I see your Thai chillies and raise you some of These

(http://www.dorsetnaga.com/)Same mistake louder screams and a slice of bad wordies
Yipes. Those sound dangerous. They grow Habaneros near where I live, and the field is surrounded by a chain link fence. Partly it's for security as they are expensive and you could steal a lot of heat on a moonlit night, but mainly it's beacuse there's a school nearby and they don't want the kids getting in and playing pranks. My son was fed a red chili pepper in place of a sweetie by an older kid when he was about 6. Never seen him sweat so much before or since! If that had been a habanero, he could have ended up in hospital. The older kid very near did when his dad got home!

secrets in symmetry
21-Sep-11, 23:27
Thank you everyone for the helpful hints.

I've ordered some Dorset Naga aftershave from Amazon, and a large bottle of Kouros Manzillion (delivery extra) from eBay.

Listen out for the silent screams before I go out on the lash this Friday night....

shazzap
21-Sep-11, 23:31
Thank you everyone for the helpful hints.

I've ordered some Dorset Naga aftershave from Amazon, and a large bottle of Kouros Manzillion (delivery extra) from eBay.

Listen out for the silent screams before I go out on the lash this Friday night....

Ha ha. Welcome bit of light relief.

secrets in symmetry
21-Sep-11, 23:34
You're welcome to give me a hand with the defoliant. ;)

shazzap
21-Sep-11, 23:38
You're welcome to give me a hand with the defoliant. ;)

I'll pass on that one thank you. Don't think i want to see things, dropping off you.:eek:

secrets in symmetry
21-Sep-11, 23:44
You're right, to be on the safe side in future, I'll stick to my new patented Scotch Bonnet Haemorrhoid cream.

I was thinking of a marketing stunt on Thurso Beach on the night of 12th November. I won't display a price, payment will be by suggested donation - dependent on how loud the customer screams and the quality of his swearies.

linnie612
21-Sep-11, 23:45
Get a room, you two:lol:

secrets in symmetry
21-Sep-11, 23:48
Get a room, you two:lol:I tried, believe you me.

I asked how much the room would cost, but I was told payment was by suggested donation only. Such is the way of the world in those parts....

shazzap
21-Sep-11, 23:49
Get a room, you two:lol:

Whatever, ARE you suggesting linnie612.:eek: [lol]

linnie612
22-Sep-11, 00:09
Thurso Beach on the night of 12th November. I won't display a price, payment will be by suggested donation

Here you go Shazzap!;)[lol]

shazzap
22-Sep-11, 00:17
Here you go Shazzap!;)[lol]

My OH would have something to say i think, also 350 odd miles. Is a bit too far to travel. :lol:

linnie612
22-Sep-11, 00:49
Oh well, my career as a matchmaker is over before it even started!;)

oldmarine
22-Sep-11, 02:28
do not repeat what i did or you'll be singing a jerry lee lewis hit in the style of katherine jenkins [lol]

these days i use diesel and kouros aftershave.

But only on my face. :d

w h a t ???

secrets in symmetry
22-Sep-11, 22:00
DO NOT repeat what I did or you'll be singing a Jerry Lee Lewis hit in the style of Katherine Jenkins [lol]Lol! It took me a couple of minutes to get that one!

I'll stick to the chilli and leave the denim to my jeans....

secrets in symmetry
22-Sep-11, 23:34
My OH would have something to say i think, also 350 odd miles. Is a bit too far to travel. :lol:If you're going to go wild on the night, isn't it better that your OH is 350 miles away?

joxville
22-Sep-11, 23:44
w h a t ???

Jerry Lee Lewis sung Great Balls of Fire, Katherine Jenkins is an opera singer.

secrets in symmetry
25-Sep-11, 00:51
Katherine Jenkins is an opera singer.Yes, and a drop dead gorgeous one too.

Today's silly action....

Spend all afternoon installing software. Spend 2 seconds deleting it all because a further install went wrong. Spend an hour installing different software. Find out that it's no better than the first. Spend an hour getting back to where I was when I deleted this afternoon's effort.

In between, tonight's steak went on fire in the grill! Flames were everywhere, the smoke and the smell of burning plastic were overpowering. Thinks...close up the grill and starve the fire of oxygen. It worked...eventually. Thank God for that!

The steak tasted great!

But I think I'll stick to chilli willi in future....

joxville
25-Sep-11, 01:10
Don't bother applying to be on Come Dine With Me :D

Kevin Milkins
25-Sep-11, 02:39

I did the same thing about three years ago, (as posted here http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?62531-You-Plonker)

I have to say it was not pleasant and I haven't done it again since.:eek:

oldmarine
25-Sep-11, 04:28
Jerry Lee Lewis sung Great Balls of Fire, Katherine Jenkins is an opera singer.
Joxville: This one went right over my head. What's to expect from an old man?

secrets in symmetry
25-Sep-11, 13:17
I did the same thing about three years ago, (as posted here http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?62531-You-Plonker)

I have to say it was not pleasant and I haven't done it again since.:eek:Lol! Can I join your Plonkers Club?

I compounded my stupidity by (how do I say this without being too explicit?) trying to find the source of the effect with my hand just after I first noticed it - which made things worse by spreading the warmth, in particular to my other private bits. I swore I washed my hands before doing that, but obviously not well enough.

Joxville, the flame grilled steak was excellent! :cool:

Kevin Milkins
25-Sep-11, 15:35
Lol! Can I join your Plonkers Club?

I swore I washed my hands before doing that, but obviously not well enough.

Your in the club. :lol:

I always wash my hands fastidiously after using the loo, but apparently these little beasties are water proof.:eek:

It's encouraging to know that I'm not the only one in the world that has suffered this fate though.

gleeber
25-Sep-11, 15:40
Although my relationship with the org has floundered somewhat over the years sometimes my soul is pricked by a need to respond to a topic of some kind or another. It usually confirms to those orgers who think I operate above my station that I am indeed a tosser. Now as those words formed in my mind I thought I could hear violens in the distance playing a rendition of the William Tell overture so I knew I was on the right track and my way of responding to this thread wasnt too silly. You will be forgiven if I've lost you at this point in the post. :lol:
I wondered if a women was to post on here and talk about her private parts in a similar way as our intrepid male orgers, would she be accorded the same level of respect?
I think this question has ethical and behaviour implications and I'm interested from a scientific perspective. Is it just a male thing? How many other women would come onto a public website and tell intimate and private stories about encounters with their private parts? They just goad the lads on. :lol:
Its a serious question and was triggered by a programme I saw recently about how closely animal behaviour is indicitive of human behaviour
In a scientific context it makes sense if you believe we have a common ancestor with monkeys. If you dont believe it thats fine but I still think its an interesting theory?
Anyway, if your still with me you'll know what I mean. Any input will be regarded as positive and hopefully be considered in a scientific context, not that Im a scientist I hasten to add but science is not about scientists. It's a scientists job to explore nature. I dont see why they should recieve so much credit for it. It's their jobs just like it's John Sinclairs aka Thurso job to be our MP. They get well paid for it. I dont see them going on strike about their pension funds.[evil]

Bazeye
25-Sep-11, 20:15
I'd more than welcome the fairer sex post articles of their bits on here. It would be a refreshing change.

Bazeye
25-Sep-11, 20:17
Btw, I'd certainly accord them the same level of respect.:cool:

gleeber
25-Sep-11, 20:21
See what I mean? :roll::lol:

secrets in symmetry
25-Sep-11, 21:06
Posting something serious on a thread intended for pure idiocy is about as daft as it gets....

linnie612
25-Sep-11, 21:14
If you're going to go wild on the night, isn't it better that your OH is 350 miles away?

Are my matchmaking skills needed afterall, then?....:)

secrets in symmetry
25-Sep-11, 21:17
Are my matchmaking skills needed afterall, then?....:)I'm not sure.

What are you doing tonight? ;)

Bazeye
26-Sep-11, 01:31
See what I mean? :roll::lol:

You started it.

secrets in symmetry
26-Sep-11, 22:34
Gleber has one point of view. Bazeye has another. But which is better? Gleber's or Bazeye's? There's only one way to find out...

FIGHT!

secrets in symmetry
29-Sep-11, 00:24
I ate the remainder of the offending chilli tonight. After more than a week in the freezer, it had lost much of its vicious bite. Thank God!

I'm hoping to see Cornflakes this weekend, and to discuss superluminal neutrinos with him. If I miss him, I'll try again last weekend, or the one before that - by which time he won't know what I'm on about! :cool: