View Full Version : There here i see.

shazzap
16-Sep-11, 21:15
What am i on about??? :confused

Did you guess correctly???
:)
Yes...........Christmas adverts.
:roll:
I think the Christmas hype, comes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too early. But then i don't like Christmas.

What do you think.

Corrie 3
16-Sep-11, 21:19
I saw mince pies for sale yesterday....with a "sell by" date of 18th November!!!!! Has Jesus moved his birthday forward a bit????

C3............:eek::roll:;)

Dadie
16-Sep-11, 21:26
They have the Christmas sweetie tins in tescos!
Already....arrgh...
And as for the bombardment of toy ads..

Phill
16-Sep-11, 22:07
You need to start planning, Easter Eggs will be out soon.

shazzap
16-Sep-11, 22:13
You need to start planning, Easter Eggs will be out soon.

I know. Sad really isn't it.
Lifes short enough. Without it being hurried along.

Dadie
16-Sep-11, 22:17
We havent had Halloween and guising yet or the ooohing and ahhhing at the fireworks on bonfire night...yet christmas comes first in the shops!
Next we know Christmas will be churned out in febuary!....then it will be on the go all year...and all the meaning and magic will go out of it and that will be sad.

shazzap
16-Sep-11, 22:31
We havent had Halloween and guising yet or the ooohing and ahhhing at the fireworks on bonfire night...yet christmas comes first in the shops!
Next we know Christmas will be churned out in febuary!....then it will be on the go all year...and all the meaning and magic will go out of it and that will be sad.

I forgot about, Halloween and Guy Faulkes.

Mrs Bucket
16-Sep-11, 22:31
Corrie what Jesus got to so with it.:roll:

chordie
17-Sep-11, 03:55
"There here I see" ??

Oh, you mean, "They're here I see".

Ask Santa for a book on grammar and spelling.

sandyr1
17-Sep-11, 04:27
Oh Chordie....what a ????? person!
Yes Walmart(Asda) are apparently starting with Xmas next week/ earlier this year as they are 'giving people time to put things away'!
Arn't they just the nicest people......luverly!

Torvaig
17-Sep-11, 10:17
It's not the shops that are at fault; it's those who buy from them. If they loaded their shops with Christmas goodies and no-one bought them until the second week in December they certainly wouldn't start so early next year!

Shops only do these things because the market is there. Because nowadays we are supposed to spend more and more money on Christmas, buy more and more food for the freezer, bigger presents although nobody really needs them, put on lavish parties to keep up with the Joneses, decorate the house inside AND out to a higher degree each year etc., etc.

There is no end to what merchants tell us what we HAVE to HAVE to enjoy a Merry Christmas!

Aren't the marketing people clever? And they earn oodles of money to spend on their Christmas.....

And yes I know.....here she goes again.....same every Christmas!

And sorry, I forgot....MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Gronnuck
17-Sep-11, 10:36
It's not the shops that are at fault; it's those who buy from them. If they loaded their shops with Christmas goodies and no-one bought them until the second week in December they certainly wouldn't start so early next year!

Shops only do these things because the market is there. Because nowadays we are supposed to spend more and more money on Christmas, buy more and more food for the freezer, bigger presents although nobody really needs them, put on lavish parties to keep up with the Joneses, decorate the house inside AND out to a higher degree each year etc., etc.

There is no end to what merchants tell us what we HAVE to HAVE to enjoy a Merry Christmas!

Aren't the marketing people clever? And they earn oodles of money to spend on their Christmas.....

WELL SAID TORVAIG!
Come on people, the answer is in your hands - boycott all Christmas purchases until December. Don't let the marketing gurus manipulate you!

golach
17-Sep-11, 10:41

Sighs.....Torvaig as its you I will say all the best for the coming season, to all else my answer is Bah Humbug!!!!!!!

orkneycadian
17-Sep-11, 10:50
Come on people, the answer is in your hands - boycott all Christmas purchases until December.

Exactly! They don't call the 24th of December Christmas Eve for nothing. Its the day for buying Christmas presents - Stands to reason - Only 2 days in the year have "Christmas" in their adopted names. Shops are generally all open on one of them, and generally all shut on the other. Christmas shopping should therefore be done on the day with Christmas in it that most of the shops are open! Simples!

Hoida
17-Sep-11, 11:01
Corrie what Jesus got to so with it.:roll:
Christmas is meant to be about celebrating the birth of Jesus!

shazzap
17-Sep-11, 11:46
"There here I see" ??

Ask Santa for a book on grammar and spelling.

I have just tried to alter the title but this is not an option. I know there is a place. I know my there, their and they're. It was a mistake, i am not an automaton, and do make them. Sooooooooo.

Go forth and multiply..........;):lol:[lol]

Torvaig
17-Sep-11, 12:07

Exactly! Bet he's not uppermost in many peoples' minds when they are celebrating Christmas! And I don't mean to belittle or mock anyone to whom Christmas is dear to them re the real meaning.....

Torvaig
17-Sep-11, 12:10
Sighs.....Torvaig as its you I will say all the best for the coming season, to all else my answer is Bah Humbug!!!!!!!

Thank you Golach; "Bah Humbug" is usually my reponse as well but I thought I would leave it out this year!

shazzap
17-Sep-11, 12:15
A lot of us, Bah Humbugs, about.

theone
17-Sep-11, 13:02

Exactly! Bet he's not uppermost in many peoples' minds when they are celebrating Christmas! And I don't mean to belittle or mock anyone to whom Christmas is dear to them re the real meaning.....

For me Christmas is a time to enjoy with, and celebrate, family and friends. My favourite public holiday.

chordie
17-Sep-11, 14:23
Yes...........Christmas adverts.

Never mind the corporates, look at these guys at it already....
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?156363-HALKIRK-PRIMARY-SCHOOL-PRE-CHRISTMAS-FAYRE-19th-NOVEMBER-2011

secrets in symmetry
17-Sep-11, 14:35
"There here I see" ??

Ask Santa for a book on grammar and spelling.Och chordie, you are such a pedant. Yes, I know, someone has to do it.

I'm sitting at the computer with a mug of coffee and a packet of M&S mince pies - they're (;)) best before date is 29/09/11 08:16.

That's what I'd call precision baking.

oldmarine
17-Sep-11, 16:21
Christmas celebration. The one time each year that my family gets together to see one another.

Frith
19-Sep-11, 07:08
One could celebrate the passing of the longest day or whatever it is the pagans call it.

But I would gve anything to avoid all the 'Here come the girls' adverts I was ready to kill someone last year, after being bombarded with that one.

Mrs Bucket
19-Sep-11, 07:32
Hoida the original reason for Christmas I dont have a problem with its the crazy keep up the the Joneses side of it that cracks me up and you cant avoid it.

pig whisperer
19-Sep-11, 09:23
Pagans celibrated the shortest day, the winter solstice on 21st of Dec, the christians nicked the idea, cos wasnt jesus born in september. So its Bah Humbug from me too.