PDA

View Full Version : Lazy drivers in Caithness?..Surely not!!!

Corrie 3
16-Sep-11, 18:52
This article says there is no escape from lazy drivers in Caithness...I cant believe it myself as I have always found drivers to be very caring.....they don't use their indicators in case they wear them out, now how thoughtful is that?????

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/Features/The-Free-Press/No-escape-from-lazy-drivers-14092011.htm

C3.................:eek::roll:;)

Gronnuck
16-Sep-11, 20:23
Oh my...., lazy drivers in Caithness...., who would have thought it? I've experienced the traffic congestion in all the locations described including when I've dropped off or picked up a disabled friend from the precinct in Wick. Since I know where any problems are likely to be I take care when negotiating them, but dammit I sometimes still get delayed for up to half a minute!!

ducati
16-Sep-11, 21:09
Oh my...., lazy drivers in Caithness...., who would have thought it? I've experienced the traffic congestion in all the locations described including when I've dropped off or picked up a disabled friend from the precinct in Wick. Since I know where any problems are likely to be I take care when negotiating them, but dammit I sometimes still get delayed for up to half a minute!!

Two sheep and a bicycle in Bower the other day. Absolute gridlock! :mad:

Phill
16-Sep-11, 22:02
I can't understand what's going on with all these tractors about the place, trundling along as if they've got all day. Holding the traffic up as they crawl along like a lazy Sunday driver.
Why can't people be bothered to get a proper car. Pure laziness.

Torvaig
16-Sep-11, 22:06
Phil, you obviously haven't experienced the power of holding up a whole string of fancy cars with an old Ford Major!

Mik.M.
16-Sep-11, 22:24
Perhaps the Traffic Warden has to save on paper by not issuing tickets,or could it be that he doesn`t know how to do his job????

Gronnuck
16-Sep-11, 22:39
I can't understand what's going on with all these tractors about the place, trundling along as if they've got all day. Holding the traffic up as they crawl along like a lazy Sunday driver.
Why can't people be bothered to get a proper car. Pure laziness.

People use tractors so they don't have to take mother-in-law to the shops, ;)

Leanne
17-Sep-11, 01:52
God, that journalist's readability is just terrible! Lost interest pretty quickly...

theone
17-Sep-11, 07:31
With a writing "style" like that the journalist is lucky to have a job. I don't think I've read such a badly written piece in a very long time.

But I do agree they may have a point with regards to parking habit in Thurso.

Maybe if the council had shown some foresight and expanded the CO-OP carpark when the brewery was demolished, instead of allowing a housing development which exacerbates the problem, a lack of parking spaces wouldn't be an issue.

Surely, with parking habits so bad, the traffic warden must be a real cash cow for the council?

donss
17-Sep-11, 11:07
Perhaps the Traffic Warden has to save on paper by not issuing tickets,or could it be that he doesn`t know how to do his job????

Doesn't know how to do his job? Surely you jest?
I've known him to almost have a scowl on his face.... but never seen him reprimand, cajole, move on traffic, let alone issue a ticket.

What Wick (and obviously Thurso) needs is a few real traffic wardens for a few random days, issuing tickets where appropriate & making their presence felt. Not as if there's not enough parking in either town (Wick especially): People are so bloody lazy to walk even just a few more yards....

pat
17-Sep-11, 12:03
Don't think it is just in Caithness there are parking problems, here in Stornoway the local paper had a blitz on parking - send in your pictures and some of them will get printed - ressult lots of photos and in the whole of that month the traffic warden issued ONE ticket.
Here I see cars with out of date tax discs - and months out of date not just days - parking on double yellows right opposite police station and on corners near police station, never mind the centre of town.

Love the lady on the pavement - know her, lives in next village - already posted this on the org but let you have a wee chuckle

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stornoway-Parking/239100692785125

oldmarine
17-Sep-11, 16:32
This article says there is no escape from lazy drivers in Caithness...I cant believe it myself as I have always found drivers to be very caring.....they don't use their indicators in case they wear them out, now how thoughtful is that?????

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/Features/The-Free-Press/No-escape-from-lazy-drivers-14092011.htm

C3.................:eek::roll:;)

Never had a problem there myself, but things do change.