PDA

View Full Version : Wallace and Gromit

Liz
08-Oct-06, 17:23
These are two lovely, friendly cats who have been in foster care with Cats Protection for a few months now and we are getting really worried about them as they are so depressed being confined to a pen.:(

Our fosterers do a great work but nothing compares to a loving home where they can get the attention and love they deserve.

If you can give this twosome a home please pm me.

Their photos can be seen at www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk

Thanks!

Liz
09-Oct-06, 12:47
Just bringing this topic back up to the top.

Really hope someone can give these lovely cats a home!

Kingetter
09-Oct-06, 14:27
They look like really beautiful cats Liz - I hope they get placed very soon.

Liz
09-Oct-06, 14:37
Thanks Kingetter!

They are lovely cats.

Wallace is so laid back and would curl up beside you quite happily when you are watching TV. Gromit would provide the entertainment if there was nothing on TV!!!

She had a hard time as she wasn't being fed properly and we don't know how many litters of kittens the poor wee soul had. The last kittens she had died and she ended up with a mammary infection.
She is in good health now and is able to act like a kitten at last even though is she over a year old!

They are both so affectionate and it is awful to see them getting so depressed so hope we get them a home soon!

Kingetter
09-Oct-06, 14:49
I'd almost feel tempted myself but I'd not be able to look after them properly and besides - where I stay, no pets allowed (other than an aquarium).

Best of luck - there are animal lovers on the org so hopefully someone will help.

Liz
09-Oct-06, 17:30
It's a shame that you are not allowed pets as I'm sure you would give them a lovely home.

Hopefully someone will offer them a home soon!

Allsorts
09-Oct-06, 18:54
They are a beautiful pair and I am very tempted as we have always had cats but do they get on with dogs?

Kingetter
09-Oct-06, 19:04
It's a shame that you are not allowed pets as I'm sure you would give them a lovely home.

Hopefully someone will offer them a home soon!

Its all I can do to look after myself and I'd not wish the responsibility of looking after pets unless I was fit and able to do so.
By preference I'd sooner have a dog myself, but those 2 are very appealing.

Tiger Jones
09-Oct-06, 19:07
Wallace and Gromit are indeed a beautiful pair. Bruno, Rhuari and Mags are equally as adorable ;)

Gromit's markings are very much like a cat my Mother had. Down to the patches on the head and back and that amazing tail.

I hope they all find a home soon.

Liz
09-Oct-06, 19:47
They are a beautiful pair and I am very tempted as we have always had cats but do they get on with dogs?

Hi Allsorts

They should be okay with dogs as the person who had them before had a dog but it was a small dog ie Pekinese.

If you did want to home them we could always try it and , if it didn't work out, we would take them back?

If you are interested could you pm me your name, address and tel no?

Thanks!:)

Fran
10-Oct-06, 00:47
Wallace and Gromit are so lovely. If I didnt have my cat ( a stray I took in 5 years ago) I would definetly have them. Sometimes i am tempted to get another cat as I think my one is lonely since his friend, a neighbours cat, died a couple of years ago. My cat looks very like Bruno, and there is a cat like Bruno comes into my garden frequently.
I'm sure you will get homes for all the lovely cats soon.

Liz
10-Oct-06, 13:49
Thanks Tiger Jones and Fran for your comments.

Sadly no home yet for Wallace and Gromit but very pleased to say that Mags does have a home and Bruno will hopefully have a home soon.

Fran if you want a companion for your cat how about a kitten?

We have a lot in foster care but some won't be ready for homing for a wee while.

Very sadly we are taking a three month old kitten into foster care on Thursday after it goes in on Wed for an op to remove an eye which had ruptured following what we think was an attack by it's Mum!

Feel so sorry for the wee soul as it will be losing it's eye and it's home all at the same time! I have to say this was a very difficult decision for the owner who is very upset.

So if anyone can give Wallace and Gromit or any other cat or kitten a good home then please get in touch.

Thanks for your support.

2051donna
10-Oct-06, 14:17
I would love a kitten or an older cat but i jst got a puppy + i dont know how they would get on.. But i have been told that if you get a puppy + kitten at roughly same time they may get on great.

Tiger Jones
10-Oct-06, 14:39
Very sadly we are taking a three month old kitten into foster care on Thursday after it goes in on Wed for an op to remove an eye which had ruptured following what we think was an attack by it's Mum!

Feel so sorry for the wee soul as it will be losing it's eye and it's home all at the same time! I have to say this was a very difficult decision for the owner who is very upset.

Several years ago, my Mother rescued a cat that was in bad shape and had to have an eye removed. He also lost the use of his front left leg in whatever accident or attack he was the victim of. This cat had one of the best characters I've seen! He got on very well with the other cats and the dogs, could jump onto just about anything he fancied (even onto my back!), often using his stiffened leg as a brake/grapple and played just as good as any other.
His main peculiarity was to sit up on his hind quarters and paw the air with his good front leg to get attention. It sure worked ;)

Liz
10-Oct-06, 17:38
I would love a kitten or an older cat but i jst got a puppy + i dont know how they would get on.. But i have been told that if you get a puppy + kitten at roughly same time they may get on great.

A kitten would probably be a better idea although a young cat with a suitable temperament would be okay as well.

If you are interested in giving a kitten or cat a home then please pm me with your details.

Thanks!:)

Liz
10-Oct-06, 17:40
Several years ago, my Mother rescued a cat that was in bad shape and had to have an eye removed. He also lost the use of his front left leg in whatever accident or attack he was the victim of. This cat had one of the best characters I've seen! He got on very well with the other cats and the dogs, could jump onto just about anything he fancied (even onto my back!), often using his stiffened leg as a brake/grapple and played just as good as any other.
His main peculiarity was to sit up on his hind quarters and paw the air with his good front leg to get attention. It sure worked ;)

Aaawww he was obviously a real character and it is amazing how well cats adapt to 'disabilities'.

Good for your Mother for giving him such a great home!

lelebo
11-Oct-06, 11:21
hi there - we might be interested - have sent you a pm

D

Liz
11-Oct-06, 13:00
hi there - we might be interested - have sent you a pm

D

Some other kind orger is also interested but if they do take Wallace and Gromit we do have some other cats(in fact we are just taking a lovely wee friendly tabby x tortie into foster care today) which might be of interest?

Have pm'd you.

Many thanks!:D

porshiepoo
11-Oct-06, 19:17
Bless their little cotton socks.
Wallace and Gromitt are now happily settled in on my front room table singing at the other cats.
They're such sweet loveable cats I'm sure it won't be long before they're all best of friends. :)

Kingetter
11-Oct-06, 19:27
Wallace and Gromitt are now happily settled in on my front room table singing at the other cats.
They're such sweet loveable cats I'm sure it won't be long before they're all best of friends. :)

I'm thrilled they found a good home, I'm sure they deserve it.

Liz
11-Oct-06, 19:30

Aaawww that's brilliant!

Thanks ever so much for giving them such a lovely home where I know they will be very happy!

Thanks also to others who offered them homes and I hope that perhaps you will consider giving a home to one of the other cats in our care.

If anyone can else is able to offer a home to a cat or kitten then please contact me.

Thanks again Porshiepoo! You've made my day!!!!!

Tiger Jones
12-Oct-06, 01:02
They're such sweet loveable cats I'm sure it won't be long before they're all best of friends. :)Nice one, porshiepoo! I hope you and your new owners get along very well ;)

Kingetter
12-Oct-06, 01:25
I think that's the best news I've had all day. Great stuff!