PDA

View Full Version : Death

OhSL33P3R
15-Sep-11, 13:55
Death is such a common thing in this day & age. But do any of us really know what its like to die ? Im not just talking about a near death experiance, im on about 100% stone cold dead. Its everyhwre we look, in movies, games, music even the soaps. Now many people claim they are not afraid to die & ill believe that. I am & im not going to deny it. Theres nothing wrong with that. But the problem i have is that everyone seems to take it so lightly. I personally think when its all said & done & were lying there in our death bed we are more than probably going to be bricking it. I am sorry if this thread offends anyone, i know it is rather morbid

Duncansby
15-Sep-11, 14:04
Death is such a common thing in this day & age.

I know there was none of this dying 100 years ago! ;)

But the problem i have is that everyone seems to take it so lightly.

On a serious note though: what's the point in worrying about it. It's going to happen, might as well just get on with it and enjoy your time while your here.

theone
15-Sep-11, 14:05

Yip, bring back the good old days when petrol was priced by the gallon, the kids could play safely outside and death was less common....... ;)

Phill
15-Sep-11, 14:09
It's probably a tad inconvenient this death mularky, and I bet the health and safety peeps will have something to say about it.
I think it should be banned.

Corrie 3
15-Sep-11, 15:00
Bring it on!!!!

I could do with a new chapter in my life!!!

C3.................:roll::roll:;)

sandyr1
15-Sep-11, 15:18
The bigger Question is.....

Is there life after Death?

Walter Ego
15-Sep-11, 15:23
Or, if you live in Lybster:

Is there life before death?[lol]

OhSL33P3R
15-Sep-11, 15:33
Sandyr1, people have made threads about that before, to me the religion threads deal with life after death. No one knows, some claim to, others dont. Im just saying i consider it a touchy subject wether there is life after death or not & that it should not be taken as such a joke.

NickInTheNorth
15-Sep-11, 15:35
But do any of us really know what its like to die ?

I personally think when its all said & done & were lying there in our death bed we are more than probably going to be bricking it.

Hope you don't mind that I snipped your post a little.

It is one of the strangest I've seen in some time!

To answer your first question. How could we possibly? No-one can ever experience death, and then still know what the experience is like.

As to the second point, I guess you have never been in the presence of a real person when they have died? Try it sometime, your attitude will change.

I can honestly say that I have absolutely no fear of death. I hope that I die painlessly one night in my sleep, I hope that I don't go in a long lingering painful way. but as for any fear whatever of death - an absolute unqualified no.

Doreen
15-Sep-11, 15:54
Hope you don't mind that I snipped your post a little.

It is one of the strangest I've seen in some time!

To answer your first question. How could we possibly? No-one can ever experience death, and then still know what the experience is like.

As to the second point, I guess you have never been in the presence of a real person when they have died? Try it sometime, your attitude will change.

I can honestly say that I have absolutely no fear of death. I hope that I die painlessly one night in my sleep, I hope that I don't go in a long lingering painful way. but as for any fear whatever of death - an absolute unqualified no.Agreed with the job i do ive been with people to the end and bless they have died peacefully but we will never know until is our time but i really dont know if im scared or not .

sandyr1
15-Sep-11, 16:15
Sandyr1, people have made threads about that before, to me the religion threads deal with life after death. No one knows, some claim to, others dont. Im just saying i consider it a touchy subject wether there is life after death or not & that it should not be taken as such a joke.

Perhaps you are not in your right mind................I definitely did not make a joke of it.
Yes there have been long discussions......Death is not a joke!
I think you should give yourself a shake, look in the miror and read these posts again......

OhSL33P3R
15-Sep-11, 16:56
Sandy perhaps you should do the same then if i might say so. I did not say that YOU made a joke out of it. I said it in a general comment directed at the many people who do not seem to worry, or perhaps you misunderstood what i meant by it, i did not direct my comment at you in any way & if thats how it came across it was not intentional. So please do not insult me by saying that i am not in my right mind, if you dont worry then lucky for you. As for you comment Nick i have been there when someone has died so my view on it is quit clear, from my own experiance. I saw the fear on there face as they passed on, some die scared, some die happy.

pat
15-Sep-11, 17:03
The only sure thing we know - as soon as we are born we are going to die, timing is the only thing we do not know, so enjoy every day.

Corrie 3
15-Sep-11, 17:06
I think death hurts the loved ones that are left rather than the person that dies. I worry more about the grief my Family will go through rather than worrying about my actual death!!

C3..............:eek::roll:

sandyr1
15-Sep-11, 17:30
[i have been there when someone has died so my view on it is quit clear, from my own experiance. I saw the fear on there face as they passed on, some die scared, some die happy.[/QUOTE]

FYI...I have also been present when numerous people have died, both peacefully and not so peacefully!
It is not pleasant........................

OhSL33P3R
15-Sep-11, 17:39
Sandy im finding you to be increasingly rude. If im misunderstanding you then i am sorry. But did i say it was pleasant ? No i did not. Now i have just heard about a local woman who has died & as i said above if this has offended anyone i meant no harm. I was unaware that this lady passed on so i know this tread might come across to people in the wrong way.

chordie
15-Sep-11, 17:42
With a statement like this.....
Death is such a common thing in this day & age. ....

... is it any wonder we all thought this....
i am not in my right mind ?

OhSL33P3R
15-Sep-11, 17:44
Your very funny Chordie. Twisting things i have said. Its peope like you who i think cause the problems on Caithness.org. But then again i know there will be some, you among them who think im the one to blame. I started a simple topic with no intention of offending anyone or getting into any heated debates or arguments, then you come along twisting things

Corrie 3
15-Sep-11, 17:44
Sandy im finding you to be increasingly rude.
You will get used to it, dont worry!!!

C3................:roll:;)

OhSL33P3R
15-Sep-11, 17:45
Corrie 3, i am used to it believe me i just dont see the point in been rude to people for no good reason

teddybear1873
15-Sep-11, 18:12
Ask the residents at Portgower, they have all experienced life after death..................................But be careful.

brandy
15-Sep-11, 18:15
death is the only thing we are guaranteed in life, and it is never easy. i have always said that it is the ones left behind that suffer and i can tell you 100 percent that is true.
my little boy had a melt down at the funeral home, as he is only 7 and autistic .. he stood over my mom and said.. grannies dead why is granny dead? why did she die?
then once i explained to him the reasons and the ideal of human mortality settled over his little shoulders he panicked realizing that one day i would die and he would die and everyone he knew would die.
now explain to some one that lives in the here and now that yes we are all going to die eventually is not easy.. but that its ok and perfectly natural thing to happen, and not something to fear. we all have to do it, but that life is a gift that we have to treasure and live each day to the fullest.

Mystical Potato Head
15-Sep-11, 18:20
Your very funny Chordie. Twisting things i have said. Its peope like you who i think cause the problems on Caithness.org. But then again i know there will be some, you among them who think im the one to blame. I started a simple topic with no intention of offending anyone or getting into any heated debates or arguments, then you come along twisting things

OK,Enoughs' enough. Your 2 simple topics have been this one and benefit weasel.Hardly simple topics.In the benefit weasel you said this"I know im going to get an aweful lot of backlash for this but here goes" and at the start of this thread you said this"I am sorry if this thread offends anyone" Why on earth would you say"I know im going to get an aweful lot of backlash for this but here goes" if you didnt want to get involved in a heated debate or argument.You knew full well it would.

Your out to get involved in arguments,nothing else.You also said this"i know this thread might come across to people in the wrong way"
Again your admitting you know the thread could be offensive but you're still carying on with it.
Stop playing the innocent newbie,you're picking topics which are far from simple but a simple topic like "Hi,what did you get up to this sunny afternoon" wouldnt give you much scope for stirring it up now would it.

chordie
15-Sep-11, 18:24
not something to fear.

But if you've not been Saved then I'm afraid you're all going to Hell for eternity. That's something to fear.

OhSL33P3R
15-Sep-11, 18:37
Potato head. I started this thread because i really believe what i say. That people take death to lightly, the reason i said ''i know this might be offensive'' is because i know death is a touchy subject for some people, only the minority, im not out to get into an argument, i didnt wake up & think to myself, how can i upset people today & how can i cause trouble. As many orgers claim, im speaking my mind nothing more. As for the benefit weasel thread numerous times in it i stated that i have no problem with people who are in genuine need, im not the only person who is against people abusing the system. You want to talk about people looking for trouble what about all those trolls who started horrible threads or people attacking religion looking for some christian backlash. Also in regards to the benefit weasel thread it seems to have got an aweful lot of views in the space of only a couple of days wether for better or worse. Freedom of speech is what im doing like many orgers claim. If you think im the wrong then thats fine i can understand your point of view, but why get involved

chordie
15-Sep-11, 18:46
Potato head. I started this thread because i really believe what i say. That people take death to lightly, the reason i said ''i know this might be offensive'' is because i know death is a touchy subject for some people, only the minority, im not out to get into an argument, i didnt wake up & think to myself, how can i upset people today & how can i cause trouble. As many orgers claim, im speaking my mind nothing more. As for the benefit weasel thread numerous times in it i stated that i have no problem with people who are in genuine need, im not the only person who is against people abusing the system. You want to talk about people looking for trouble what about all those trolls who started horrible threads or people attacking religion looking for some christian backlash. Also in regards to the benefit weasel thread it seems to have got an aweful lot of views in the space of only a couple of days wether for better or worse. Freedom of speech is what im doing like many orgers claim. If you think im the wrong then thats fine i can understand your point of view, but why get involved

What about when a benefit scrounger dies ? Ah, that's got you in a moral quandary now.

Corrie 3
15-Sep-11, 18:55
I am beginning to wonder if our new member is actually new to the .Org................... is it time to send for the sock puppet police?

Wheres Walter when you need him????

C3............:eek::roll:;)

golach
15-Sep-11, 18:57
I am beginning to wonder if our new member is actually new to the .Org................... is it time to send for the sock puppet police?

C3............:eek::roll:;)

I am of the same opinion, a sock puppet

shazzap
15-Sep-11, 19:01
The same (Sock Puppet) who said. If i was to say, i didn't like the English??

chordie
15-Sep-11, 19:13
What happened there ? Did anyone else see it ? brandy posted quite an outburst, but the post has now disappeared to that big forum in the sky.

sandyr1
15-Sep-11, 19:33
Sandy im finding you to be increasingly rude. If im misunderstanding you then i am sorry. But did i say it was pleasant ? No i did not. Now i have just heard about a local woman who has died & as i said above if this has offended anyone i meant no harm. I was unaware that this lady passed on so i know this tread might come across to people in the wrong way.

I have no idea what you are on about......Rude........
Seems there may be a 'complication' here/ I shall let the rest of the 'hardy souls' on here to deal with it.

orkneycadian
15-Sep-11, 19:36
C'mon folks, get with it. When was the last time you saw names of 2 orgers with 3's instead of E's.....:roll:

Fran
15-Sep-11, 19:39
We are all living longer now thanks to medical science so make the most of life. I have watched people.. die peacefully and unaware. Some have seen their families waiting for them just before they passover.

chordie
15-Sep-11, 19:53
We are all living longer now thanks to medical science so make the most of life.

Some shorter, as a result of those who peddle nicotine. http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...-unwanted-gift (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?156166-200-regal-king-size-unwanted-gift)

joxville
15-Sep-11, 20:03
Snip
That people take death to lightly, the reason i said ''i know this might be offensive'' is because i know death is a touchy subject for some people,

One reason more people treat death too lightly these days is because we all don't believe in that Hellfire and brimstone that used to be preached years ago, it makes not a jot on life or death.

When I leave this turf my funeral will be colourful, black will be banned. My family know my wishes, that I want them to wear clolourful Hawaiian shirts or similar, mainly because they've always accused me of having no dress sense and it's my way of having a last laugh with them.

Mystical Potato Head
15-Sep-11, 20:06
Why get involved? Its an open forum so i'm practicing my freedom of speech to voice my opinion that, contrary to your opinion that your threads are "simple",they are anything but. Your willingness to dive in and call people rude etc,just because they dont agree with you or take your thread seriously, only sustantiates the argument that you're not here for gentle,idle chit chat.

joxville
15-Sep-11, 20:07
I'd like to die peacefully, the same way my grandfather did...

...unlike the passengers on his jet. [lol]

Gronnuck
15-Sep-11, 20:13
Death is such a common thing in this day & age. But do any of us really know what its like to die ? Im not just talking about a near death experiance, im on about 100% stone cold dead. Its everyhwre we look, in movies, games, music even the soaps. Now many people claim they are not afraid to die & ill believe that. I am & im not going to deny it. Theres nothing wrong with that. But the problem i have is that everyone seems to take it so lightly. I personally think when its all said & done & were lying there in our death bed we are more than probably going to be bricking it. I am sorry if this thread offends anyone, i know it is rather morbid

Some will think death is the end. Some will think it's just the end of the beginning. Some people will know death is near and may fear it. Some will not know death because it will happen so suddenly, so quickly they will be dead before they know it. If you have a religious belief and it helps you, fine; if not and you can still deal with it fine too. In any event death comes to us all, so live with it. Life is for living and since we get only one shot at it I suggest we try not to waste it. :D;)

ShelleyCowie
15-Sep-11, 20:16

When is death taken lightly? Different people have different feelings and opinions on the matter. You cant tell if they "take it too lightly" or just try not too think about it.

Death is inevitable, that is fact. But how different people inter-prate death is up to them.

I dont fear death, or take it lightly. The pain of the people you leave behind is the bigger matter to me, or the pain i feel when someone else leaves me behind.

And em what do you mean by "death is such a common thing in this day and age" its been common since the start of life its self :roll:

joxville
15-Sep-11, 20:37
Death doesn't really worry me, my more immediate concern is why, as I've gotten older, has hair growth increased in my nose and ears? :confused

weezer 316
15-Sep-11, 20:45
Suffering is far worse than death. Im only worried I will have a lingering death. Im not in the slightest worried about being dead . I'll stop before i mention relig........oh

Walter Ego
15-Sep-11, 20:46

C3...........

We are already at "Sock Puppet Warning Red" status here at Ego mansion.

All monitors are being manned and all scanners are set to maximum definition!

"Thread Lock Imminent" warnings have been issued and agents are standing by to notify me of the clunking of virtual padlocks.:cool:

Corrie 3
15-Sep-11, 21:01
We are already at "Sock Puppet Warning Red" status here at Ego mansion.

All monitors are being manned and all scanners are set to maximum definition!

"Thread Lock Imminent" warnings have been issued and agents are standing by to notify me of the clunking of virtual padlocks.:cool:
Phew, just in time I reckon Walter....This thread is killing me!!!!

C3.................:roll:;)

Kells
15-Sep-11, 21:48
Phew, just in time I reckon Walter....This thread is killing me!!!!

C3.................:roll:;)

Going by a few other posts from this so called newbie I am pretty sure this is a troll or sock puppet. One who is not amusing even but who is taking great delight in stirring things up. I for one am now ignoring the troll.

Phill
15-Sep-11, 21:52
I am beginning to wonder if our new member is actually new to the .Org

We are already at "Sock Puppet Warning Red" status here at Ego mansion.The fact that the OP's screen-name contains sleeper set the hooter off here.

Good craic though.

edit: Ooooh, seen now that said sockpuppet is banned. Interested in the fact that we're now showing the category of banned, what other categories are available to aim for?

Phill
15-Sep-11, 21:57
I'd like to die peacefully, the same way my grandfather did...

...unlike the passengers on his jet.Ha ha! I was waiting for that one.
Thought it was coming here:

I can honestly say that I have absolutely no fear of death. I hope that I die painlessly one night in my sleep, I hope that I don't go in a long lingering painful way...........

Slightly more seriously, death itself doesn't overly bother me. The timing and transition / method of does though.

ducati
15-Sep-11, 22:24
[FYI...I have also been present when numerous people have died, both peacefully and not so peacefully!
It is not pleasant........................

Sandy, your'e a jinx! :eek:

sandyr1
16-Sep-11, 02:34
Should I thank you...I dunno!
But who is this 'interloper'/....now there is a word for the Org!

Oh Mr. D...you would love this....

Mosport Int'l Race Car Circuit....

Cars.......
1. Chevrolet Corvette. 780hp
2. Subaru Impreza 2 litre horizontally oposed 4 CYL...700hp
3. Dodge Viper......600hp
4. John Cooper 'Special 's'... They wouldn't tell me....
And a myriad of BMWs, Porsches, Ferraris, Lotus Elize and another Exige??
Wowee....3 hour race.....nearly at the track record..Lt rain near the end... Suburu all wheeler took it!

Ahhhhhhhhhh/ just wish I was younger and had the 'bread'! 42 cars......

Anyway who is this Villain?

Green_not_greed
16-Sep-11, 09:40

Didn't Al Gore show that its all down to global warming?

Corrie 3
16-Sep-11, 10:21
It's ever since the LibDem's got into bed with the Tories, they are trying to kill us all off!!!!!

C3............:roll:;)

Doreen
16-Sep-11, 11:00
It's ever since the LibDem's got into bed with the Tories, they are trying to kill us all off!!!!!

C3............:roll:;)Ha Ha Corrie but at least you have a sense of humour nice one LOL.

Kodiak
16-Sep-11, 12:17

Perhaps you you spend a Night in Portgower you will find out, [lol]

Corrie 3
16-Sep-11, 18:37
Yes I do......but I divorced her in the end .................and lived happily ever after!!!

C3.............:eek::roll::)

Fisherbigin
16-Sep-11, 21:06

Why dinna ye go an bile yer hied

ducati
16-Sep-11, 21:20
Doesn't worry me. I intend to live forever.

or die trying

Corrie 3
16-Sep-11, 21:32
im on about 100% stone cold dead.
I have been 50% luke warm dead....doe's that count?

C3................:eek::roll:;)

secrets in symmetry
17-Sep-11, 00:34
The fact that the OP's screen-name contains sleeper set the hooter off here.Lol! Oh Sleeper is the name of a Metal band, just like all his other names.

I thought it was good craic. It's a pity he's gone.

sandyr1
17-Sep-11, 00:40
Who is/was it??
And the info on the cars was for 'any motor head or Ducati'. s

secrets in symmetry
17-Sep-11, 00:45
Who is/was it??No idea. All I remember is that his previous names were also Metal bands with Es replaced by 3s. Wasn't he a fan of Hitler?

oldmarine
17-Sep-11, 16:07
After reading all these comments I feel like I'm dead.

billmoseley
18-Sep-11, 11:49
shouldn't we be asking all the people down in Portgower about death? Seen on a T shirt the other week, Death can't be that bad everyone's doing it. :lol: