PDA

View Full Version : Is ignorance bliss?

fallen_angel
14-Sep-11, 16:23
A friend of mine recently discovered that a man she was seeing a few months ago was married. He had told her he was separated and his wife lived miles away along with their 19 year old son. Totally by accident she found out a few months later that he was actually still very much married, they both lived locally and had 2 young sons together. She met this man through a dating website.Question is if you were the wife would you want to know about it?

Thumper
14-Sep-11, 16:30
Hmmn the problem here is it is usually the messanger that gets shot,and the pathetic cheat gets away scot free,but saying that I was the last person to find out my husband was cheating,and felt betrayed when I found out that others knew but didnt tell me x

pat
14-Sep-11, 17:05
Agree with you Thumper - it is trying to get the message across that is the hard part.
Betrayal is only a mild description of how it feels when the facts most other people know are brought into the open.
How many other partners has this person got?
The whole basis for relationship is non-existent, no trust, no worthwhile relationship only a life of cheating and doubt.

pat
20-Sep-11, 09:45
Wonder if this male cringes or wears brown trousers any time he is out in company - fear of his wife being told of this particular partnership and any other partners that may come to light, once one incident comes into the open, the wife questions what else has happened in the past and the digging starts.
Once the digging starts - beware the muck will start flying and NOTHING gets hidden. the wife will know when he is being extremely evasive or short on the truth.
This male will NEVER be able to relax in company, frequently listening into his wife's calls to see if someone is telling tales about his behaviour.
Unless he is bothered about his losing wife, family and home then his behaviour will continue as is and no lesson has been learnt.
Hope your friend gets over this lying cheat and gets on with her life with a good pal to support her through this time.

billmoseley
20-Sep-11, 12:04
i have to say it's not only men that play these games but women too as i found out to my own cost. the truth will always out in the end

pat
20-Sep-11, 12:51
Agree with you Bill.
Women cheat as often and often more devious but the Truth Will Out eventually and the cheater has to deal with the consequences of THEIR OWN behaviour - no trying to blame anyone else, they are wholly responsible for their actions, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink!