PDA

View Full Version : Be careful what you post!!

Corrie 3
14-Sep-11, 14:05
I read in this article that two Trolls have so far been sent to prison, well done the Judge who decided to do that!!

I am all for a bit of fun and banter but these people have overstepped the mark!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14898564

Lets hope no one from the .Org ends up behind bars, just be careful what you post!!!

C3.....................:eek::roll:

OhSL33P3R
14-Sep-11, 14:34
I dont think been a troll is illegal, i just think it all depends on what you post. The troll posting those vile & disgusting comments about dead teenagers should be punished yes i agree with that 100%. If i said i dont like the english then i highly doubt that anything would happen to me over that. Some people do go to far though

Rheghead
14-Sep-11, 14:47
Even accusing someone of trolling is now deemed to be trolling.

ducati
14-Sep-11, 14:57
I dont think been a troll is illegal, i just think it all depends on what you post. The troll posting those vile & disgusting comments about dead teenagers should be punished yes i agree with that 100%. If i said i dont like the english then i highly doubt that anything would happen to me over that. Some people do go to far though

Why don't you like the English? :(

shazzap
14-Sep-11, 15:00
. If i said i dont like the english then i highly doubt that anything would happen to me over that.

Don't you?????????????

OhSL33P3R
14-Sep-11, 15:02
If you read what i said carefully i said ''IF i said i dont like the english''. I have no problems with english people or anyone else for that matter

shazzap
14-Sep-11, 15:04
If you read what i said carefully i said ''IF i said i dont like the english''. I have no problems with english people or anyone else for that matter

I did read what you said. That is why i asked the question.

theone
14-Sep-11, 15:16
Whilst I could never condone what this, or other, trolls have written and been convicted for, where do we draw the line between what is acceptable or not?

OhSL33P3R
14-Sep-11, 15:26
You obviously didnt read it close enough then. Instead of understanding what i meant you start assuming i have some problem with english people when i said no such thing. Thats all

shazzap
14-Sep-11, 15:33
You obviously didnt read it close enough then. Instead of understanding what i meant you start assuming i have some problem with english people when i said no such thing. Thats all

I did not assume anything. That is why i asked the question.

OhSL33P3R
14-Sep-11, 15:37
Evidently So

sandyr1
14-Sep-11, 15:39
Cheezeeee Whizzzz guys, are we on about the English again/ who cares!

shazzap
14-Sep-11, 15:40
Cheezeeee Whizzzz guys, are we on about the English again/ who cares!

Who asked/cares for your 2 pence worth.

teddybear1873
14-Sep-11, 16:03
See It's like a school playground here again. Dear dear.

sandyr1
14-Sep-11, 16:09
Who asked/cares for you 2 pence worth.

If you didn't have this to post about you would have nothin! haha/ all so funny!

Shouldn't that be 'Tuppence'?
BTW..Did you know the Queen's English is spoken in Inverness, or maybe just a wee bitty North of there!!

shazzap
14-Sep-11, 16:14
If you didn't have this to post about you would have nothin! haha/ all so funny!

Speak as you would like to be spoken to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrPY5PhqUIY

RecQuery
14-Sep-11, 16:26
*Sigh* I hate when the general media covers technology or online culture stories. So many mistakes and over simplifications that I can't even both bothered correcting them. It makes me wonder how many other things they get similarly wrong.

golach
14-Sep-11, 16:42
*Sigh* I hate when the general media covers technology or online culture stories. So many mistakes and over simplifications that I can't even both bothered correcting them. It makes me wonder how many other things they get similarly wrong.

Ach, go on, correct them, you know you want to.

sandyr1
14-Sep-11, 16:56
Speak as you would like to be spoken to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrPY5PhqUIY

Thankx...Been a long time since I heard that...Your Signature tune? I didn't even know it existed....

shazzap
14-Sep-11, 17:00
Thankx...Been a long time since I heard that...Your Signature tune? I didn't even know it existed....

Your welcome. But i thought it was yours.

sassylass
14-Sep-11, 17:14
It would be easier to have conversations like this in the chatroom.

sandyr1
14-Sep-11, 18:00

Thankx..I am sure we will all go there!

Leanne
14-Sep-11, 18:05
If i said i dont like the english then i highly doubt that anything would happen to me over that.

Yeah the English just sit and take it and for the most laugh it off. If it was said about any other nationality though you would get in trouble for racism....

sandyr1
14-Sep-11, 18:24
Everyone...hide in the 'Chat Room'.

Seriously, D made a simple comment and now the English are up in arms....Up to Inverness all o ye, and speak the proper language!

golach
14-Sep-11, 19:03
Everyone...hide in the 'Chat Room'.

Seriously, D made a simple comment and now the English are up in arms....Up to Inverness all o ye, and speak the proper language!

Mr S, I think you may be a wee bit out of date with that remark, about Inverness and best English spoken properly, maybe back in Edwardian times, not today IMHO

Kells
14-Sep-11, 22:05
Yeah the English just sit and take it and for the most laugh it off. If it was said about any other nationality though you would get in trouble for racism....

Yip those with a sense of humour do laugh and the rest just whine about racism.

sandyr1
14-Sep-11, 22:25
Mr S, I think you may be a wee bit out of date with that remark, about Inverness and best English spoken properly, maybe back in Edwardian times, not today IMHO

Now...The first time I heard about the Queen's English and Inverness was//.......wait for it......University Challenge...and Bamber Gascoine.
Over the years I heard that this was still the case...actually a wee bitty North of Inverness. Over 2 u

I do have a reference to th 18th century where Dr Johnson states that it was Inverness.
There is quite a bit written about it...
Anyway as a Northern Scot, having lived and worked in England, I can emphatically say that I speak better English that an Englishman/woman!

ducati
14-Sep-11, 23:00

Except the frogs of course :eek:

secrets in symmetry
15-Sep-11, 00:35
Anyway as a Northern Scot, having lived and worked in England, I can emphatically say that I speak better English that an Englishman/woman!Which Englishman/woman? I suppose there may be one, but I want proof! :cool:

oldmarine
15-Sep-11, 01:02
One has to have a good sense of humour to post on here. lol!

sandyr1
15-Sep-11, 02:08
You are so correct OM.....Yes one can be serious but on the other hand some 'lite hearted' comments are acceptable methinks...

It is these FaceBook petitions that amaze me. Should we take any of them seriously when the X eyed possum and Pippa Middletons rear end, and many more really stooooopid things get so many people voting....

And I am going to accept what Dr Johnson and Bamber Gascoigne said...one in the 1800's and the other in the 70's and 80's, that the best English spoken in the World is in the North of Scotland. Goodness we all know how good we are.
I tell the people in Canada if it wasn't 'us' coming over here, they would still be playing Cowboys and Indians!

orkneycadian
15-Sep-11, 09:42
It is these FaceBook petitions that amaze me. Should we take any of them seriously when the X eyed possum and Pippa Middletons rear end, and many more really stooooopid things get so many people voting....

Would just be a lot easier to shutdown Facebook. Internet piracy is being dealt with by blocking access to web sharing sites, rather than going after individual pirates. Would be a lot simpler to shut down Facebook in the same way!

Torvaig
15-Sep-11, 10:30

Don't you mean classroom? ;)

sandyr1
15-Sep-11, 12:30
Now that is one smart idea.....It would be quite different from Lybster School!

But that leaves a big question.....Who would have the strap......I could guess!