PDA

View Full Version : benefits and jobs in Caithness

NickInTheNorth
14-Sep-11, 13:28
To all those folks that like to criticise the work shy, or those attending courses at college, or those otherwise on benefits; Please can you tell us where all the available jobs are that will allow all the scroungers to stop claiming benefits and get into work.

There are many posters on here that seem to know of a secret stash of jobs that those on benefits should be going and getting, so here is your opportunity to help folks back into work.

Please don't be shy!

dragonfly
14-Sep-11, 13:43
NITN, I don't think there are many people that have a problem with those genuinely on benefits due to unfortunate circumstances.

The problem I have is with those who have no intention of working for their living, who claim their benefits every two weeks and then have the party of their lives after spending the money on drink/drugs or both. I live within spitting distance of a block of bedsits that are full of that type of person.....you know its been payday when they are out in the middle of the night roaring and shouting, trying to kick in doors or break windows of their fellow bedsitters. These are the type of claimants that spoil the benefits system for the majority.

NickInTheNorth
14-Sep-11, 13:48
NITN, I don't think there are many people that have a problem with those genuinely on benefits due to unfortunate circumstances.

The problem I have is with those who have no intention of working for their living, who claim their benefits every two weeks and then have the party of their lives after spending the money on drink/drugs or both. I live within spitting distance of a block of bedsits that are full of that type of person.....you know its been payday when they are out in the middle of the night roaring and shouting, trying to kick in doors or break windows of their fellow bedsitters. These are the type of claimants that spoil the benefits system for the majority.

Hi Dragonfly

Fully understand what you are saying, and would agree with you. However if you read through the many threads on here related to benefits there is a constant theme of "if I was on benefits I'd just get a job and others should do the same".

I am interested to see what sort of help and advice those posters are able to offer to others less fortunate.

Corrie 3
14-Sep-11, 13:57
You and I both know Nick that there isn't any work, you might get the odd part time job come up but as for "real" jobs there just aren't any. Some years ago I think the figure at the Jobcentre was one job for around 30 applicants, I don't know what the latest figures are but perhaps someone on the Forum may know!!
Those that genuinely want work have to move South and this is quite sad if you don't want to leave the Highlands. These people are more and more getting replaced by people from down South which is even sadder, I don't think our young should have to leave to make way for retiring pensioners but I don't know what the answer is apart from Govt investment and I cant see that ever happening!!

C3....................:confused:eek:

Frith
14-Sep-11, 16:55
The people I would criticise are ones like my nieces boyfriend, he is 24, hasn't got a CV and hasn't even got his name down at any agencies and expects everyone too look after him. Bear in mind he lives just near a busy train station and can into liverpool manchester or warrington very easily.
Doesn't know hes born.
The job market is unforgiving at best up here, its very very who you know.

On the other hand, im from down south, and no scots went for the job I have.

OhSL33P3R
14-Sep-11, 17:20
Nick, there is something people who are on benefits could do. Actually try, im not referring to every single person like those who do. But for those who dont all they have to do is go to any shop in town and at least ask for an application form. I work in tescos myself and i can tell you im not happy working there but i know its better earning money than getting it given. We are all forced to do things we dont like doing, it seems that earning a living is something an aweful lot of people dont want to do

Bazeye
14-Sep-11, 17:53
I work in tescos myself and i can tell you im not happy working there but i know its better earning money than getting it given.

Take it you dont do the lottery then.

Leanne
14-Sep-11, 18:01
My OH had a well paid job until I dragged him up here with my job. He is now working fencing - a far cry from his last job as a sales rep. The work is out there - it just might not be something that is a career choice :( His boss has given jobs to several people who have not been willing to put in the graft and have quit because it was 'hard work' - life is hard though :(

cormack4
15-Sep-11, 21:26
I don't have a problem with people on benefits, with some people it is a life choice and with others it's down to circumstances, I do think however that people on benefits should not get more than people who work, no matter what their circumstances are or how many kids they have. I do understand that there is a huge shortage of jobs out there. I have never found it difficult to get work and as a friend of mine said if you're prepared to do anything you will find work.