14-Sep-11, 11:31
THURSO FIRE STATION FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE
CHARITY
CARWASH
IN AID OF LOCAL CHARITIES & FIRE FIGHTER CHARITY

SATURDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER
10am to 4pm
at thurso fire station

tea,coffee,baking and bottle stalls !!!!!!!

come and support your local fire station :D:D

poppett
14-Sep-11, 19:39
This is a really brilliant venture, just wish the gang did it once a month. Cars are always gleaming and the wheels done with much attention to detail.

The home baking selection is vast, and well worth every penny spent.

Hope to meet many fellow orgers on Saturday.

Kodiak
14-Sep-11, 20:45
I for one will be paying a visit. :Razz

Droopy
14-Sep-11, 22:34
Hope to meet many fellow orgers on Saturday.

Mmmm.....scary. How do you recognise a fellow Orger?
Are they all coming off the Castletown bus, with Tesco bags, looking for a lost cat........ while their car is being polished at home?....:D

golach
14-Sep-11, 22:41
Mmmm.....scary. How do you recognise a fellow Orger?
Are they all coming off the Castletown bus, with Tesco bags, looking for a lost cat........ while their car is being polished at home?....:D
droopy ye forget we all have the secret Org tattoo :eek:

daz
15-Sep-11, 11:13
its good to see the local community supporting the emergency services !!!

poppett
16-Sep-11, 19:16
bump.............for charity

david
16-Sep-11, 19:26
its good to see the local community supporting the emergency services !!!

Until they go on strike like the last time.

oldmarine
17-Sep-11, 16:39
Looks like a good charity. I would contribute if I was there.

groater
17-Sep-11, 16:44
when was the last time thurso firefighters went on strike???

aidipi
17-Sep-11, 19:38
Thanks to all the firefighters and their helpers for the car wash today. We had both our cars washed and they looked like brand new. Sepcially impressed with the wheel cleaning.
Hope you made a lot for charity.

Thanks again and well done.

david
18-Sep-11, 17:31
when was the last time thurso firefighters went on strike???

If they are FBU members as I suspect many will be, then they should go on strike if a ballet calls for it. Otherwise they are getting FBU benefits and not supporting the Union. Or of course they could hand in their membership cards and go on working....

groater
18-Sep-11, 17:46
david you said like the last time???

david
20-Sep-11, 18:36
david you said like the last time???

Well there wasn't too much public support the last time they went out looking for 30k was there? Talking about wholetime FFs here.

groater
20-Sep-11, 18:58
sorry my mistake i thought this thread was about thurso fire station??

david
20-Sep-11, 19:14
sorry my mistake i thought this thread was about thurso fire station??

Well my comments only apply to Thurso Fire Station retained FBU members that should have either stuck by their union and gone on strike or handed their cards in. During my time with Bucks and Staffs F&R services I witnessed many FBU members who were willing to take the membership benefits but were unwilling to follow the result of ballots and therefore should have handed their cards in....Simple as that. Your correct, I can't remember Thurso Fire Station being on the last strike. Persumably they were non FBU members then.

bekisman
20-Sep-11, 19:19
Well my comments only apply to Thurso Fire Station retained FBU members that should have either stuck by their union and gone on strike or handed their cards in. During my time with Bucks and Staffs F&R services I witnessed many FBU members who were willing to take the membership benefits but were unwilling to follow the result of ballots and therefore should have handed their cards in....Simple as that. Your correct, I can't remember Thurso Fire Station being on the last strike. Persumably they were non FBU members then.
RFU maybe?

Bobinovich
20-Sep-11, 21:09
...then they should go on strike if a ballet calls for it...

Now have a mental image of firefighters doing ballet :eek: Not a pretty sight :Razz!!