PDA

View Full Version : The vast majority of us are kidding ourselves . . .

David Banks
14-Sep-11, 09:01
that we understand and can take any effective action based upon the business news reported on television.

- or the fat business sections in the newspapers.

- or the "breathless" morning reporting of earlier daily activity on the stock markets in Asia.

Even the majority of those of you who think of yourselves as "players" will get screwed.

So, with reference to the earlier thread on child poverty in Scotland, too many of us are being "sold" into conservatism.

Another conspiracy theory?

Phill
14-Sep-11, 09:18
Is this a rant?

Not bad going to get from Asian economics through Scottish child poverty to conspiracy theories in a few lines. Needs more THEM and THEY in SHOUTY CAPS though!

David Banks
25-Sep-11, 21:12
Is this a rant?

Not bad going to get from Asian economics through Scottish child poverty to conspiracy theories in a few lines. Needs more THEM and THEY in SHOUTY CAPS though!

. . . but I try not to shout.

Got up (too) early one morning and watched CNN. Then I wondered how many people really understand and benefit from business media.

secrets in symmetry
25-Sep-11, 21:19
. . . but I try not to shout.

Got up (too) early one morning and watched CNN. Then I wondered how many people really understand and benefit from business media.I can't imagine anyone can benefit from watching CNN. It's the most moronic news channel there is.

Apart from Fox....

Bazeye
26-Sep-11, 11:20
RT's where its at.

weezer 316
26-Sep-11, 11:42
Fox is the enemy of common sense. Any channel which puts "fair and balanced" as its tag line you know is a sham. Its like countries with democratic in their name, you know they are despotic hell holes

Rheghead
26-Sep-11, 11:52
Fox is the enemy of common sense. Any channel which puts "fair and balanced" as its tag line you know is a sham. Its like countries with democratic in their name, you know they are despotic hell holes

Agree 100%

weezer 316
26-Sep-11, 13:44
I watched a clip at the weekend with American comedian Bill maher talking about UK conservatives and comparing them to the US mob. He said they have a luxury the yanks dont have.......they are sane.

secrets in symmetry
26-Sep-11, 22:30
Fox is the enemy of common sense. Any channel which puts "fair and balanced" as its tag line you know is a sham. Its like countries with democratic in their name, you know they are despotic hell holesYes, and it's the same with any People's Republic or any country with a Revolutionary Guard.

Steer clear of any TV programme, newspaper headline or website that contains any of the words Truth, Exclusive, Revelation, Shock, etc. Especially Truth....

As for the Voice of the People.... Cut out its tongue! (Not physically.)