PDA

View Full Version : Predator V Alien

Rheghead
21-Nov-04, 12:30
I was troubled by the 'critics' report on this film, they rated the film at 2/10. Never one to judge a book by its cover, I went to see it last night at All Stars.I was pleased with the film because the visual effects blended computer gen with proper effects, there was a strong female character at the centre of the plot, there were lots of frighteners and it tied up a lot of loose ends in the previous alien films.
The 'critics' can't be sci-fi fans and should therefore not be allowed to write about a genre of film that they dislike. I recommend this but dont flippently dismiss this as a modern 'Frankenstein meets the Wolfman' thing...

RandomHero
21-Nov-04, 22:02
:eyes .... that's wot i thot of AvP. I've been looking 4ward to that film as long as I can remember. it was such a poor film, i was bitterly,bitterly disappointed. the three writers involved wer both writers from the alien films and the third woz also the director...Paul W.S. Anderson!!! y him! he hasn't done anything worthwhile since Event Horizon. the lead female, they just tried to re-create ripley from aliens. and when she made friends with the predator...please!!! so stupid! i loved the predator films but they wernt the same in this as they were in the original films. at least this franchise is keeping the bills paid for lance henrikson because he would be homeless otherwise. please don't let there be a sequal if it's going to be anything like the first.

blueneep
22-Nov-04, 10:37
Saw the film last night far better than any of thr previous preditor movies and a good sequel to aliens......overall a great film and hope there is another sequal :D :D :evil

mike.mckenzie
22-Nov-04, 13:55
You know, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it was reviewed to be. If you don't go with too many expectations, its ok in an escapist sort of way. Not a patch on the first three Alien films like, but I didn't think it would be!

RandomHero
22-Nov-04, 19:49
the predator films were far superior th AvP. but here's a tip for u, if u liked AvP, go and see 'Saw' and 'open water', they r almost as good as AvP........ :eyes