PDA

View Full Version : recycling

sweetpea
07-Oct-06, 20:07
I just wondered if anyone has any use for the plastic water cups you get from water at work machines. It seems a shame to throw them away.

changilass
07-Oct-06, 20:44
They make great pots for growing from seed:lol: and I am sure any after school or nursery group would be gratefull for them for crafts

MadPict
07-Oct-06, 20:53
I just wondered if anyone has any use for the plastic water cups you get from water at work machines. It seems a shame to throw them away.

They should be recyclable - check the base for the triangle arrows sign. If not ask your water machine supplier to supply paper cups....

sweetpea
07-Oct-06, 21:33
Good ideas! I will check out the cups but someone said there might be a problem getting a recycling company to take the up here. I once had a pen made from a recycled cup. If not I will give them to an after school club and ask the supplier if they can do paper ones.:D

_Ju_
07-Oct-06, 22:38
They should be recyclable - check the base for the triangle arrows sign. If not ask your water machine supplier to supply paper cups....

What do you do with plastics here in caithness (even if the cups have the arrows, where do you put them???)??? There are no plastic recycle points to my knowledge. So much plastic gets thrown away, what with the milk cartons (at least 2 a week at my house), plus all other plastic bottles, etc. In Denmark glass bottles are no longer used and their plastic bottles have something like an 85% recycling rate, but that is because they use the old system of deposit (you get your deposit back when you return them).

MadPict
07-Oct-06, 23:27
I guess I am spoilt down here - I have been recycling my plastic for some years now. If the pressure to add plastics to your recyclables is put on your Refuse Dept then they might provide it. The majority of material for the ubiquitous fleece comes from recycled plastic bottles so you would end up wearing it!

If plastic isnt recycled then get paper cups -
http://www.nestle-waters-powwow.co.uk/products/coolers/cups/

They also do 150ml paper 'cones'...

Bobinovich
07-Oct-06, 23:30
It peeves me off having to fill my bin with plastics which could very well be recycled - milk & juice bottles especially as we go through quite a bit and they are quite bulky.

I reckon we've almost halved our bin loads since starting recycling but could reduce that to a third if we could do plastic too.

Roll on adding those to our list of recyclables!

mccaugm
08-Oct-06, 00:00
:roll:

Why not bring in your own cup/glass and wash it out instead. Thats what happened in an office I used to work in.