PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Christmas Lights

Don Quixote
20-Nov-04, 21:08
What do you think of the town lights this year?

I have been down to see them and I think the square looks good tonight. :eek: :cool:

Just as well they are not powered by electricity from wind turbines as they would be off tonight as there is no wind! :roll:

Well done Thurso Town Improvements Association.

linzy222
20-Nov-04, 23:58
Did u see the 1's in the precinct?

I think they r new,they look really nice to!

Fran
21-Nov-04, 03:16
[mad] You are so lucky in thurso to have your Christmas lights up ( I will see them on Monday). Here in Wick we havent even got lights up, let alone lit, no tree no nothing, just a lot of boarded up shops. Maybe we should paint santas and reindeers in bright colours on these boards. :evil [evil]

Fifi
21-Nov-04, 09:49
Oh, poor little us! It's only November you know!!! The Wick lights go on next Saturday on the town shopping day and Santa will be around in his sleigh as well.

It's the tone of your response Fran that typifies the defeatist attitude which is letting Wick down. :~( You could have said - "well dOne Thurso for getting your lights on - Wick will join you next week with a fantastic fun day, can't wait to see you all there!" See the difference - THINK POSITIVE. :D :Razz :lol:

KitKat
21-Nov-04, 10:17
Fran, if you want lights in Wick go and help the volunteers who are braving the chill winds and putting them up this morning. Instead of moaning DO SOMETHING!

See you there?

highlander2222
21-Nov-04, 10:31
Fran, if you want lights in Wick go and help the volunteers who are braving the chill winds and putting them up this morning. Instead of moaning DO SOMETHING!

See you there?

Here Here :o) :o)

zappster
21-Nov-04, 10:32
Well said Fifi & Fran!! :D
THINK POSITIVE!

Zael
21-Nov-04, 15:10
Oh well, thats the fun day knacked for me, I was planning to go, but if they're going to be switching on the lights then forget it. I'm boycotting every business/event thats gone all xmas mad before its even december. Shame on them.

Viva Diva
21-Nov-04, 20:48
Well I don't know if Wick is the same as Thurso but I thought the whole point of the 'fun day' was Xmas so it was knacked from the off really wasn't it...
I tend to agree they should be in December though but Thurso is looking wicked with its lights up and I just can't wait til Saturday..........! :D

squidge
22-Nov-04, 00:55
Oh well, thats the fun day knacked for me, I was planning to go, but if they're going to be switching on the lights then forget it. I'm boycotting every business/event thats gone all xmas mad before its even december. Shame on them.

did anyone hear "bah humbug"?

Fran
22-Nov-04, 02:49
:( Sorry if I offended anyone, i certainly didnt mean to, and I agree it is a bit early to have the lights up. To be honest i thought the Council erected the lights, I didnt know it was volunteers doing it, so well done to them, and thanks to them the lights are up in Wick now. I noticed them when I went out tonight.Very nice. :lol:

JAWS
22-Nov-04, 20:05
I too thought the Council put the Lights up but once again I find out that it is left for public minded individuals to do it for them in order to "Promote" the Town. The lights look great this year.

But it does beg the question, "Just what do the Councils do to promote anything in Caithness?" Does anybody know?