PDA

View Full Version : anyone heading to Inverness Friday early afternoon

NickInTheNorth
12-Sep-11, 09:51
and if you are would you like a passenger?

I need to get to Inverness to get the coach to Fort William which leaves inverness at 1645. I also need to be at home to look after my wee boy, he goes to nursery at 1230.

That means that I can get the 1340 coach, and that gets into inverness at 1641, leaving 4 minutes to make the connection.

I don't know about anyone else, but I really don't like leaving so little margin for error.

So if anyone wants a hitch hiker leaving after about 1240 from Thurso it would be really appreciated.

maggie
12-Sep-11, 11:38
If you book and pay for a trip in advance, right through to Fort William, does the bus not have to wait for you if you miss the connection due to say road works or accident.I travel to Glasgow on the bus and occasionally we are held back at Perth if the connection from Aberdeen is held up. Worth making enquiries.
Otherwise check out which platform to are heading for and make a bee line!
Might be a plan if all else fails and you don't get a lift.

NickInTheNorth
12-Sep-11, 11:46
Thanks Maggie, I'll certainly ask.

NickInTheNorth
12-Sep-11, 13:36
all sorted, my wife has managed to get a day off work so I'll head down on the early train, and get the coach in a nice relaxed fashion.

They don't do a ticket that guarantees the connection between the bus from here to inverness and the service from there to fort william.

That of course would be far too sensible, and that would never do.

I wonder why public transport is so under used in the UK compared to the car :(

lindsaymcc
12-Sep-11, 20:43
If you are stuck in future Nick, drop me a line and Ill have E for you and drop him at Nursery x

NickInTheNorth
13-Sep-11, 09:18
Thanks Lindsay, that is very kind. I will do.