PDA

View Full Version : Weather update for tomorrow (monday) etc

Tugmistress
11-Sep-11, 18:15
ok i've just looked at the charts and either they're playing tricks or the huge storm has severely dissipated!

building up during monday morning and the early afternoon through to the evening will be the worst of it then it goes to almost nothing by tuesday early hours.
there will be a brief bit of wind if we are unlucky around noon tuesday but it will almost certainly be sensible levels throughout tuesday unless you are further south or west coast islands (by south i mean glasgow down to and including cumbria)

it'll be interesting to see because allegedly the day befores charts should be more reliable than a few days before - lets see what happens lol

marwill
11-Sep-11, 19:31
Thank you for the update, Tugmistress, much appreciated.;)

Angel
11-Sep-11, 22:08
Thank you for the update Tugs...

Angel...

ducati
11-Sep-11, 22:30
Just come back from Cumbrae, a bit of a blow and rough crossing down there this morning but by Stirling just a bit of rain, no wind to speak of at all.

pat
12-Sep-11, 10:08
Aa fair bit of rain over here but no wind YET! and aircraft seem to be flying their normal schedules so far.

shazzap
12-Sep-11, 10:37
Very, very windy here, in East Yorkshire.

Tugmistress
12-Sep-11, 17:26
It's headed further south than forecast from what i can tell, caithness sat in the 'eye' so dead calm :)
we'll get a little breeze later but absolutely nothing drastic :)

teddybear1873
12-Sep-11, 17:42
It's headed further south than forecast from what i can tell, caithness sat in the 'eye' so dead calm :)

Didn't Michael Fish say something like that lol?

cuddlepop
12-Sep-11, 17:53
gentle breeze blowing over here and scattered showers.
Down in Saltcoats well thats another story,its what we'd call "coarse".lol

pat
12-Sep-11, 19:00
even managed to get out take dogs for 2 walks and OH cut the little bit of grass and got some washing dried.
Not bad considering the forecast - thank goodness they can be wrong!

Corrie 3
12-Sep-11, 21:17
It's been brilliant today, stayed dry for most of the day, even the midgee's put in an appearance as it was that mild. I have actually broken out in sweat as it's been that warm, unless I am ill of course, that may account for the sweats!!...:roll:

C3...............:eek:;)

Cattach
12-Sep-11, 21:26

Let's face it, weather forecasting is far from being an exact science. The experts, the amateurs and the amateurs who think they are experts are very often wrong. Studied Climatology at University and I am no better prepared than anyone who hasn't. Just let everyone give up and let the the weather do its worst or its best.

Mystical Potato Head
12-Sep-11, 21:46
Let's face it, weather forecasting is far from being an exact science. The experts, the amateurs and the amateurs who think they are experts are very often wrong. Studied Climatology at University and I am no better prepared than anyone who hasn't. Just let everyone give up and let the the weather do its worst or its best.

I can here Kodiaks blood boiling.

Tugmistress
13-Sep-11, 06:59

Stick me on your ignore list then if that's your feeling :)

gleeber
13-Sep-11, 08:23
I always follow the weather forecasts. It's been an important tool in my working life and saved me plenty grief and money over the years. It's not exact and Caithness can tend to have local weather but theyre still pretty smart noticing lumps of weather coming a week in advance. The BBC showed us missing this recent lump on Thursday night but its good to know theres stuff around and it can always change direction.