PDA

View Full Version : plasterer

puffin croft
10-Sep-11, 08:31
new to area, 12 years exp. no job to small, Free quotes contact steve at puffin croft.

teddybear1873
10-Sep-11, 15:32
Good luck Steve. The plastering trade in Caithness is not what it was, so things maybe tough up there now.

I was also involved in the plastering trade for over 20 years ago and latterly had to move to get more money. I don't even know what plasterers get paid now in Caithness.

orkneycadian
10-Sep-11, 15:35
If houses are built the same way over there as over here, guess there won't be much call. Here, houses are all dry-lined with plasterboard, then taped and filled. Now, if you were a taper and filler.....

teddybear1873
10-Sep-11, 15:45
Thats mainly everywhere now. Scotland tends to plasterboard, then tape. In southern England they skim a thin bed of plasterboard finish on top.

Plastering is a dying trade everywhere, unless you get to renovate an old house. When I was plastering in 1994 i was on about 6.50 per hour, moved to Germany and the pay rate shot up to about 20.00 per hour.

puffin croft
10-Sep-11, 16:08
over there over here what do you mean by this orkeycadian?,and if i was a taper and filler....???

teddybear1873
10-Sep-11, 16:43
over there over here what do you mean by this orkeycadian?,and if i was a taper and filler....???

I maybe think he was talking about me, as I'm over the big pond.

puffin croft
10-Sep-11, 17:18
all clear now thanks for that teddybear1873. and thanks to facebook i have some work lined up!.

orkneycadian
10-Sep-11, 18:00

Over there = Caithness
Over here = Orkney

If you were a taper and filler there would be heaps of work! I could do with one in the near future, but no need for a plasterer I am afraid!