PDA

View Full Version : Trampoline as a Kite?

Tugmistress
10-Sep-11, 08:30
It's looking like a good storm coming in on monday, winds from the westerly direction will be looking to pick up wheelie bins and trampolines and flatten your flowers. they while be gusting to around 70 or 80mph at the height - maybe a little more if you are in an exposed area to this direction - so i wouldn't recommend hanging out any washing or trying to fly a kite on monday lol you could well find your knickers in Norway or you kite in Kirkwall ;)

There'll be some wet stuff with it just to upset us all a little more too :(

Gronnuck
10-Sep-11, 08:59
Thank you Tugs. Forewarned is forearmed, I'd better get everything tied down then.

stekar
10-Sep-11, 11:09
Thanks for the warning!

catnip
10-Sep-11, 12:19
Great! That will mean more water leaking into the house from an unknown place. Thanks for the warning Tuggs.

Tugmistress
10-Sep-11, 12:21
Great! That will mean more water leaking into the house from an unknown place. Thanks for the warning Tuggs.

if you are wick side it should not be as bad as on the north coast, it'll start as a southerly then work round as it builds :)
get some towels and buckets ready lol

pat
10-Sep-11, 13:33
Thanks Tuggs - have been out and put most things away, including the midge eater, all plant containers, have left my wheeliebins as they are (hopefully) pretty sheltered, been down to next door house to check and put their bins (empty) on sides in sheltered area and emptied their conservatory which leaks depending on direction and volume of wind and water.
Stocked up on veg so hopefully ok until ferries start running properly again and shops back to normalish by about Wednesday.

Tugmistress
10-Sep-11, 13:35
Nice one Pat, you'll get it before us and slightly worse i think too! hope everything goes ok :)

Tugmistress
11-Sep-11, 01:11
I was looking again earlier, the system is heading over us slower than it first appeared to, this will mean the winds will be at their strongest a bit later on monday now and throughout quite a bit of tuesday, the chart below is the chart for tuesday at noon, see how tight those lines are!

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/297385_10150284074783144_300395478143_7910554_4045 01033_n.jpg

euan the driver
11-Sep-11, 07:09
hey tugs,ill be on the road in me van,everything tween wick an thurso up tae groats,think ill have problems?? im not to worried about fallin trees up there tho'

Tugmistress
11-Sep-11, 08:46
lol no there's not really a lot of trees lining those roads ;)
depends on the van euan and your confidence and abillity (which i have heard is very good as i don't know you :) )
if it's high sided and a light load then you could have a few brown trouser moments, but if not then it'll be slightly easier in the wind.

Having said that if you are wick/thurso and missing out the causewaymire then in theory it'll either be a head or tail wind or thereabouts, but heading any sort of north/south direction will be side on.

As i said to someone else (on fb i think) you are the driver and if you feel that the wind conditions are too dangerous to drive in then you are totally within your rights to refuse to drive until the conditions improve so you feel safe :)
You're the one that knows your van, what sort of weight you are carrying and will 'remove' during the rounds and the directions in which you will be traveling, the decision lies with you and an employer may not be happy but there is nothing they can do about it as far as i am aware in these circumstances.

euan the driver
11-Sep-11, 11:12
thanks tugs,we have spoken before when i was on my friends puter when on hols in melvich.ill be passin thru causimer an in bower lyth,an groats etc,thanks for pointer ill take an xtra pair o boxers.