PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Petrol

Fran
06-Oct-06, 21:59
Just logged on to petrolprices.com and the cheapest petrol is 92.6p at elm Tree Garage. The other garages in wick charge 92.9p. Thurso and Castletown all charge 94.9p http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_1_209.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZN (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb113_ZN&utm_id=7921)

angela5
06-Oct-06, 22:01
Elm tree were cheaper than that 2 weeks ago.:eek: Prices are going up and down more than a yo-yo.

footie chick
06-Oct-06, 22:12
CH oil prices have gone down 10p [disgust] since I filled up our tank!!

COACHMAN
06-Oct-06, 22:57
THE Price at Elm Tree are going DOWN tomorrow:lol:

Tony
08-Oct-06, 19:06
Hi All
Just wondered why Wick appears to be leading in Caithness with the cheaper fuel prices particularly as Thurso and Wick seem to always differ and even with two the same company. Was also wondering if it is a legal requirement to display a large sign in the forecourt with current prices. The reason being I have noticed that the Bridge end garage does not display this and you only know the price when you are at the pump and look at the digital display.

footie chick
08-Oct-06, 19:08
Hi All
Just wondered why Wick appears to be leading in Caithness with the cheaper fuel prices particularly as Thurso and Wick seem to always differ and even with two the same company. Was also wondering if it is a legal requirement to display a large sign in the forecourt with current prices. The reason being I have noticed that the Bridge end garage does not display this and you only know the price when you are at the pump and look at the digital display.

I always thought that they had to display prices on a sign but I know a few who dont what are they trying to hide? :roll:

Tony
08-Oct-06, 19:22
Not to worry we will all fill up when we go to Tesco until Asda open in Thurso.:lol:

wavy davy
08-Oct-06, 22:02
Not to worry we will all fill up when we go to Tesco until Asda open in Thurso.:lol:

Tesco prices their petrol on a regional basis, i.e. a pence or two below the prices other petrol stations in the area are charging. I don't think I'll bother driving up to the Industrial Estate to save 50p on a fill-up.

Tony
08-Oct-06, 22:29
No I don't expect people will make a special trip for fuel but chances are they will be shopping and filling up also.

bigpete
09-Oct-06, 08:51
Hi I emailed Tesco about teir fuel policy, maybe something will happen?

Hello Tesco,
We are all very pleased that you now have a toe-hold in the Far North of Scotland with your proposed new store at wick, Caithness, due to open "in plenty of time for Christmas". This is all great news, being restricted to the present Co-op and Somerfield and their very small choice. Additionally the arrival of your Tesco fuel will be greatly appreciated. However I'm writing on behalf of thousands on Caithness.org forum where the compelling question is about your fuel pricing policy, we understand that it is a 'local pricing' policy. Unfortunately 'up here' the local pumps operate a price-fixing cartel (it is common knowledge) and have done so for many years. A few days ago our unleaded petrol was £1.06.9 whilst Tesco our nearest store - in Inverness was 93.0p. Our simple question is; will your prices be just under the 'local' price of £1.06.9 or a few pence above the Inverness price. It's really a burning question. Thank you in anticipation

Thank you for your email. We are sorry to advise that our fuel pricing policy is currently under going changes. As soon as the new Store has been completed, a revised fuel pricing policy will be made available.Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused. Kind Regards Jaimie Smyth Tesco Customer Service

Countryman
09-Oct-06, 09:03
It seems that Tesco as with all major groups will make as much profit as they can. That is price as high as the market will take. Don't expect Inverness prices in Wick.

loo-b-loo
09-Oct-06, 09:18
Althought recently we have exactly the same price fuel as is in Inverness.

WeeBurd
09-Oct-06, 09:57
Hi All

We noticed that when we went to fill up last week... so we just drove on, and filled up elsewhere. Their loss [lol] .