PDA

View Full Version : John Dallas

Gleber2
06-Oct-06, 16:20
Just noticed that John Dallas, exheadmaster, has died at the age of 96. How many of us have happy memories of one of the characters of my childhood?
An exceptional person that I am proud and glad to have considered a friend as well as teacher.

Buttercup
06-Oct-06, 19:00
Much respected headmaster and a great character. Pity he never wrote a book with all his memories.

highlander
06-Oct-06, 19:46
I thought he was real gentleman, and always greeted people with a smile, and he never looked any older each time i would see him.

Lavenderblue2
06-Oct-06, 21:04
I thought he was real gentleman, and always greeted people with a smile, and he never looked any older each time i would see him.

I couldn't agree more Highlander - a true gentleman indeed.

LB

Gogglebox
06-Oct-06, 21:43
These are lovely tributes and as a relative of John I can assure you it is great to see him held in such high esteem

I will print off your comments and pass them on to the rest of his friends and family to read
Thanks

Gleber2
06-Oct-06, 22:40
These are lovely tributes and as a relative of John I can assure you it is great to see him held in such high esteem

I will print off your comments and pass them on to the rest of his friends and family to read
Thanks

There have been few teachers and indeed men, in my life who have left a greater impression on me than John Dallas. As my headmaster when an infant and as teacher when in Primary seven he was always ready to talk, laugh and listen. He taught me much more than the three R's. He, more than anyone, awoke my budding intellect and made me realise that the universe was a lot bigger than the Glebe and Thurso. RIP.