PDA

View Full Version : Wick Christmas Lights

Rainmaker2
06-Oct-06, 12:43
Firstly sorry for mentioning the 'C' word but I wonder if anybody knows when the Wick Christmas Lights are being switched on. I'm asking because I'm getting married up in Wick on the 24th of November. My better half is from West Yorkshire and some of her friends and relatives are also coming up and staying for a couple of days. If anybody knows can they either e-mail me or PM me. Thanks.

willowbankbear
06-Oct-06, 12:58
Do I detect a hint? A hint that because yer gettin wed, ye`d like yer wife to switch on the lights this year? Im all for that, give the Gala queen a day off. Im sure she would be for it too.
As for the lights going on I think you have your dates spot on as well, but Im not 100% sure. wick is usually the week before Thurso, so ye could be lucky;)

unicorn
06-Oct-06, 13:00
awwwww thats a lovely idea!!

bobsgirl
06-Oct-06, 13:37
That sounds really good......such a special thing to do on your special day.......Good Luck on the dates, hope it works in favour for you.

Cant wait for Christmas myself, never too early to mention Christmas I say!!!
(Wee Bairn at Heart!!!)

Fran
06-Oct-06, 21:43
Firstly sorry for mentioning the 'C' word but I wonder if anybody knows when the Wick Christmas Lights are being switched on. I'm asking because I'm getting married up in Wick on the 24th of November. My better half is from West Yorkshire and some of her friends and relatives are also coming up and staying for a couple of days. If anybody knows can they either e-mail me or PM me. Thanks.T

The lights will be switched on by then but not sure of the date. I can find out for you tomorrow but maybe someone will beat me to it. it would be lovely if the bride could switch on the lights.
A bride and groom went skating in wick market square on the temporary ice rink. It was a beautiful sight to see them in wedding dress and kilt skating.