PDA

View Full Version : The State on Dental Health!!

daveyc
18-Nov-04, 14:02
Hi everyone thought i would start a topic related to our GREAT dental services in Caithness. I have probabley had a bad experience so i am looking for good and bad comments and experiences. I joined with Bridgend after the NHS Dentist closed his doors. I was with them for about a month and then when i went in for a routine appointment i was handed a pamphlet that stated that we were now going to get charged per month for our Dental care and be given basically nothing in return. At the moement i find myself forking out £15 per month and not getting what it says on the tin because i am not able to get an appointment because either my dentist is ill and there is no other one that will take me on or they are just too busy. It was not described to me that i may not be able to reap the benifits of all these special bonuses i should get from joining the plan. considering it started at £12 and then suprisingly raised to £15 and then the precentage of money off seemed to drop. With the prices they charge anyway it doesn't really make a difference. Being myself i have a lot of work needed on my teeth. The saving grace is that i had to go into hospital to get 5 apacectomies done on my front teeth and thankfully it was through NHS and i bet Bridgend were not too happy about that!!