PDA

View Full Version : John O Groats Hotel

tootz
05-Sep-11, 15:09
Hiya, Does Anyone Have Any Internal Pictures Of The John O Groats House Hotel? Round about the 90's? Any Information Or Pics Would Be Much Appreciated! Thanks :D

P.S I have tried Mr Google but cannot find anything!!

Kodiak
05-Sep-11, 21:00
I have one Photograph of the Public Bar at the John O'Groats House Hotel taken in 1992. If you PM me your e-mail address I will e-mail a copy to you.

K.

Dadie
05-Sep-11, 21:48
Kodiak any chance of you putting the photo on here?
Im nosy about what the inside of the hotel looked like too.

Kodiak
05-Sep-11, 22:37
OK Dadie here is the Pic. I had to reduce the size as it was too big for this forum. I took this photo in 1992 just before I opened the Bar. I worked there for 3 seasons.

http://i.imgur.com/qHG8l.jpg

Beat Bug
05-Sep-11, 22:45
Back in 1996 or 1997, the classic car club we belonged to did a JoG LE, and we stayed at the hotel for our first night. It had been raining all day, and we all arrived soaked to the skin! Dinner was to have been in the conservatory, but just before dinner the roof collapsed, right onto the tables we were to sit at! We ended up dotted around the various areas of the bar etc, whereever space could be found for us! Next morning, after breakfast, the hotel closed down. We visited the only open bit a few years ago, and the barman there was the same one who had been there on that last night. Somewhere I have a photo of the line up of cars before setting off. If I can find it, I'll post it. I still have the MG Midget we used on the run!

Iffy
05-Sep-11, 23:15
My GG Uncle used to own the John O' Groats House Hotel and I now own a piece of "art" which once belonged to the hotel. :)

My Darling Mum worked there as a chamber-maid and I also worked there too (part-time, weekends and evenings) as a waitress and bar-person. It was also where I met my husband, so as you can imagine, this hotel played in quite a large part of my life.

Myself and OH, knew/worked with Kodiak and I, also, have so, so many happy memories of great times in that hotel....too many to mention !

Hate to see that it is now in the process of being "revitalised" (albeit for the better,LOL !) ! The dining-room where I served many meals to customers; the bar where my OH served many a pint; the "restaurant" where sometimes I (and not forgetting all the other staff) was run ragged on a busy Saturday afternoon....all, now, in the process of being demolished...:(:(

Oh well, and yet another era begins......