PDA

View Full Version : I find this quite worrying!

Corrie 3
05-Sep-11, 10:52
1000 police officers to be deployed on school routes to prevent children being robbed??? Whats going on???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14782722

C3...................[disgust]

Gronnuck
05-Sep-11, 14:27
It is worrying. However it is happening in London where consumerism and materialism are the be all and end all for many many people. I doubt there will be the commensurate number of youngsters up here going to school wearing 'bling', carrying top end mobile phones and 'digital media devices'. If they did their peers would probably not be interested.

Corrie 3
05-Sep-11, 14:45
It is worrying. However it is happening in London where consumerism and materialism are the be all and end all for many many people. I doubt there will be the commensurate number of youngsters up here going to school wearing 'bling', carrying top end mobile phones and 'digital media devices'. If they did their peers would probably not be interested.
It just seems a lot of Manpower, 1000 police officers means a lot of money from the taxpayer, surely the answer is tougher sentences??

C3...........:roll:[disgust]

Gronnuck
05-Sep-11, 14:55
It just seems a lot of Manpower, 1000 police officers means a lot of money from the taxpayer, surely the answer is tougher sentences??

I suspect the police being deployed will be on duty anyway. However this means that the pile of reports awaiting their attention will just grow a bit bigger and the time taken to bring cases to court will get a little longer.
Of course there should be an adequate deterent but the judiciary is clearly not fit for purpose.

orkneycadian
05-Sep-11, 15:00
..... but the judiciary is clearly not fit for purpose.

Yay! Now the rest of the country just needs to wake up and smell the coffee!

weezer 316
05-Sep-11, 15:29

Lol! That's a logical contradiction. I suppose you are used to them.

weezer 316
05-Sep-11, 15:33
I suspect the police being deployed will be on duty anyway. However this means that the pile of reports awaiting their attention will just grow a bit bigger and the time taken to bring cases to court will get a little longer.
Of course there should be an adequate deterent but the judiciary is clearly not fit for purpose.

I can see no reason why police cant be fitted with minature cameras, the contents of which cannot be edited. All stuff could then be recorded and stored as it, rather than written in triplicate. Especially as storage space is far cheaper than police time!

pat
05-Sep-11, 15:46
If students left their mobile, music, cameras, jewelry and their expensive trainers, tops etc at home very much doubt if they would get robbed.

No attractant therefore no need for police patrols at school areas.

Corrie 3
05-Sep-11, 16:23
This is even more worrying as it's closer to home............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-14786856

C3.............:eek::eek: