PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening with .Org

Thurso Youth Club FC
05-Sep-11, 08:27
Does anyone know.

I asked for my posting to be made a sticky.
I sent an email to bill to ask if he could put alittle bit up about our event in the front page.

Ive not had a single reply from anyone....

:(

Bill Fernie
05-Sep-11, 08:54
Sorry but I receive several hundred emails a day nowadays to my caithness.org email address. In the limited time I have I try to pick out as many as I can that need action.

Can you say what date you sent the email? Have you sent me a reminder as that often helps draw attention to things.

Also events can be added to the Whats On section and these are generally added on a daily basis.

Some events reach the poster ads galleries each month. For this a jpeg or pdf file is needed. Jpegs are best. Word docs cannot go in that section. I cannot view publisher docs as they are meant for printing and not for the web site.

Most events posted in the forum will not be made sticky.

As I am not always available every day to check email as much notice as possible should be given. Emails saying can you please add an event that is only a few days away will often miss the weekend when I do most of my emails for the web site.

So my advice for advertising events is to get them in the What's On section as soon as the dates and times of the event are known. The all appear automatically on the front page and many other places on the web site each day.

Send in jpeg posters a soon as possible.

The What's On section was originally created to try to cut down on the work putting items on the front page as the users can add the events themselves. However if I have time I am happy to add colourful jpeg posters to give an extra push.

Sorry if I missed the youth club item but if it is still to come get back in touch and I will see what I can do.

Thurso Youth Club FC
05-Sep-11, 10:58
Hi Bill,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I had a feeling that you receive lots of emails a day. I was going to send a reminder if i didnt hear soon.

I sent the email on the 28th August @ 15.40
I attached the poster in jpg and pdf format for your own choice.

I also put in the event in the Whats On section last month. Think it was the same time roughly as i sent the email.
This appears in the correct day.

The date for our event is this Sunday 11th Sept.

Once again thanks for getting back to me.

Bill Fernie
05-Sep-11, 22:01
Your poster is now on. Good Luck with the event. I hope to get along to get a few photos.

See it here - http://www.caithness.org/fpb/2011/september/gallery.php?gallery=0&image=8

oldmarine
05-Sep-11, 22:18
Your poster is now on. Good Luck with the event. I hope to get along to get a few photos.

See it here - http://www.caithness.org/fpb/2011/september/gallery.php?gallery=0&image=8

Bill, I have followed your effort and postings for many years now. You do a tremendous job and I thank you for your efforts.

Thurso Youth Club FC
06-Sep-11, 09:07
Bill,

Thank you very much for getting on the homepage.
I know theres alot of time and effort to keep the site running and updating it etc.. Well Done for doing a great job at this.

Once again thanks.

Feel free to come along and take some photo's.

Cheers

Paul Reid
Thurso Youth FC

poppett
06-Sep-11, 14:07
Good luck. Hope the weather improves for you.

Thurso Youth Club FC
08-Sep-11, 18:13
Thanks Poppett.

I know the weather is meant to be bad for Friday and Saturday but its meant to be bright for Sunday...

Fingers Crossed though.