04-Sep-11, 21:29
whats everyone views about this ??

upolian
04-Sep-11, 21:35
The word 'hacking' says it all....

Corrie 3
04-Sep-11, 21:36
whats everyone views about this ??
I blame Maggie Thatcher for all of it!!!

C3.

joxville
04-Sep-11, 22:21
I think it's great. I especially like going into shopping malls, easy pickings there. I hope to be a millionaire before my next birthday. :D

ducati
04-Sep-11, 22:33
I blame Corrie3, and the parents.

spurtle
04-Sep-11, 22:39
Press *#06# into your phone, if only your serial no. comes up you've not been hacked, but if you have a forward slash after it and another number, then that's how many times you've been hacked

overthewallandfaraway
04-Sep-11, 22:43
Press *#06# into your phone, if only your serial no. comes up you've not been hacked, but if you have a forward slash after it and another number, then that's how many times you've been hacked

I do wish Daily Mail readers would keep nonsense such as this to their own forums, Paul is trying to gauge a serious opinion here you doofus!

spurtle
04-Sep-11, 22:56
I do wish Daily Mail readers would keep nonsense such as this to their own forums, Paul is trying to gauge a serious opinion here you doofus!

This is how you find out, so sod off

Mr P Cannop
04-Sep-11, 23:28
The Culture, Media and Sport Committee will hold an evidence session on Tuesday, 6 September as part of its work on Phone Hacking.

The Committee will hear from two panels.
Details are as follows:
Tuesday 6 September, the Wilson Room, Portcullis House
Witnesses:
10.30 a.m.
• Mr Jonathan Chapman, former Director of Legal Affairs, News International
• Mr Daniel Cloke, former Group HR Director, News International

11.30 a.m.
• Mr Colin Myler, former Editor, News of the World
• Mr Tom Crone, former Legal Manager, News Group Newspapers

You can watch the evidence session(s) here:

www.parliamentlive.tv (http://www.parliamentlive.tv/)

– go to the day you want (6th September) and then to “Committees” – on the day you will see the session appear there to watch

sandyr1
05-Sep-11, 02:46
It would appear that 'hacking' was not true hacking in the sense of the word.

Say you phone comes with Voice mail and when you set this up you are invited to/suggested that you pick your own password.
As some phones come with the Code 6666 or 9999 it should be changed to something personal..
Apparently over 60% of the people never change this password, thus the 'hackers' gain easy access to your phone....It is rather simple!

overthewallandfaraway
05-Sep-11, 15:04

I beg to differ DM reade, Seeing as voicemail is a network based faciltiy and the phone is merely a connection to it then I am sorry but what you are suggesting is rubbish.

As another poster suggests it the default pin numbers on the VM that were used as the owners failed to personalise them. As someone who works in mobile telecoms I can confirm this is exactly how the secrets were procured.

In a simialr fahion network sim cards carry a default sim pin no, if this isnt changed its very easy to google and obtain the default pins so if you were to lose your phone it could be accessed for all the data stored but the VM's you may have stored in your mailbox would need a VM Pin to acess these...........

orkneycadian
05-Sep-11, 15:32
I think my phones hacked - And theres also a couple of big gouges in it, and a few scratches on the screen.

upolian
05-Sep-11, 17:26

We need a like button similar to what facebook has,just for replies like this!!

spurtle
05-Sep-11, 20:59
I beg to differ DM reade, Seeing as voicemail is a network based faciltiy and the phone is merely a connection to it then I am sorry but what you are suggesting is rubbish.

As another poster suggests it the default pin numbers on the VM that were used as the owners failed to personalise them. As someone who works in mobile telecoms I can confirm this is exactly how the secrets were procured.

In a simialr fahion network sim cards carry a default sim pin no, if this isnt changed its very easy to google and obtain the default pins so if you were to lose your phone it could be accessed for all the data stored but the VM's you may have stored in your mailbox would need a VM Pin to acess these...........

Why do you think that is the only way they hack? They also can track your phone with your Imei number, which is always the same regardless of the change of sim card. There are lots of different ways to hack .

Phill
05-Sep-11, 22:07
It was a lot more fun in the 'old' days, when all you needed was a fancy transistor wireless.

Allegedly!:eek:

Mr P Cannop
05-Sep-11, 22:53
am on about the phone hacking committee

joxville
05-Sep-11, 23:29
Yes, I've hacked them too. :)

Mr P Cannop
05-Sep-11, 23:33
am trying to everyones views about this

Torvaig
06-Sep-11, 00:47
am trying to everyones views about this

To be honest Paul, no-one seems to be interested in what the committee or the various newspaper witnesses have to say about the recent phone hacking scandals but if you listen to the broadcasts yourself maybe you could share your thoughts with us on what went on. In that way folks may then have an opinion on what happened rather than arguing about the various ways to hack and not to hack into telephones.

ducati
06-Sep-11, 07:49
To be honest Paul, no-one seems to be interested in what the committee or the various newspaper witnesses have to say about the recent phone hacking scandals but if you listen to the broadcasts yourself maybe you could share your thoughts with us on what went on. In that way folks may then have an opinion on what happened rather than arguing about the various ways to hack and not to hack into telephones.

What seems to have taken over from the hacking scandal itself, is the relationships between the media and the people we employ to govern the country/s in the UK.

spurtle
06-Sep-11, 09:13
Regarding media, we really have the media we deserve, if we weren't interested in salacious gossip the media would be looking at other things. It's the gossip , celeb culture that as a nation we are to blame for.

NickInTheNorth
06-Sep-11, 09:49
I am very interested in the whole corrupt edifice that is public life in Britain today. There was a time people became involved in politics to make a difference. With few exceptions now people get involved in politics to get ahead!

The whole relationship between the media and government has been far too cosy for far too long. That Blair's government employed a "spin doctor" to ensure that the "right message" was delivered was so wrong headed it's unbelievable. What is wrong with actually "doing the right thing"!

Yes to a large extent we have the media we deserve, that does not mean that they should have been doing what they have been doing to many totally ordinary people, some in extraordinary situations others in relatively mundane situations, but if it sells copies, or gets back at someone that upset you, then why not.

I am certain my phone was hacked by the Daily Mail, I've no evidence of it, but I upset them by not making myself available to them for an interview when I was flavour of the month in the media. A few years later they ran an article based on no evidence that myself and my wife were splitting up. The only possible source for that was 2 voicemails on my mobile. There was no other evidence in any public domain, but the story ran...

I'm still married :)

So yes, I am deeply interested in the whole stinking mess, and even more so now it appears that the boys in blue were up to their filthy stinking snouts in it too.

Hence the links I posted in an earlier thread Paul posted asking for where to find information.

I think that the many facetious posts on here do a great dis-service to someone that actually gives a damn, and is interested in something which slowly slowly is exposing the stinking dead heart of this corrupt nation state we call home.

But then again Caithness is a long way from London...

Mr P Cannop
06-Sep-11, 10:51
any one want to watch it its on now

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=8956

Phill
06-Sep-11, 11:07
Whilst wearing my tin foil hat and without trying to use the word conspiracy.....

This is a can of worms I would imagine a whole range of people are trying (or wanted too) to keep a lid on.
This is / was far more widespread than a few journo's listening into a few politico's phone messages. I suspect that the polis may have used this method as 'intelligence' gathering albeit illegally. ( PC plod has the mowby no of a dealer, quick listen to their messages. Dealer nicked short time later, say no more)

And as many companies and corporates may have probably hacked phones also. Industrial espionage is a biggy that never really raises it's head in the public domain.

I suspect this method of intercept has been used for a great many years and was widely acknowledged in many areas including the polis and politico's (or their party spin dr's) but they just wanted to keep it quiet because it worked for all of them, until of course it gets out of hand.

Torvaig
06-Sep-11, 11:13
I had a quick look into Paul's link but I get a headache trying to surmise what they are really saying! The media et al have a different way of talking which, in my mind anyway, needs unravelling to deduce what they really mean. I shall come back to this when my brain is a wee bit more receptive to the twists and turns.

Torvaig
06-Sep-11, 11:14
any one want to watch it its on now

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=8956

Thanks for the link Paul.

overthewallandfaraway
06-Sep-11, 20:03
Why do you think that is the only way they hack? They also can track your phone with your Imei number, which is always the same regardless of the change of sim card. There are lots of different ways to hack .

do you have any further proof to uphold your theory of IMEI hacking, something I have neither heard of or encountered in my eleventeen years in the mobile phone industry, IMEI hacking is not to be confused with phone locking/unlocking that can be done by most independent phone shops, as these are techniques employed to retain handsets sold to remain on one provider's network.

spurtle
06-Sep-11, 22:31
do you have any further proof to uphold your theory of IMEI hacking, something I have neither heard of or encountered in my eleventeen years in the mobile phone industry, IMEI hacking is not to be confused with phone locking/unlocking that can be done by most independent phone shops, as these are techniques employed to retain handsets sold to remain on one provider's network.

Don't know why you're getting so angry over this.
Google it, and just accept I'm right - you're wrong, lets call the whole thing off
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Mobile_Equipment_Identity
http://www.voice-activated-recorder.com/blog/2009/10/total-protection-eavesdropping-invisible-mobile-phone/

Phill
06-Sep-11, 22:49
Don't know why you're getting so angry over this.
Google it, and just accept I'm right - you're wrong, lets call the whole thing off
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Mobile_Equipment_Identity
http://www.voice-activated-recorder.com/blog/2009/10/total-protection-eavesdropping-invisible-mobile-phone/
Bit of a thread drift. But, I'm confused.
How does this have any impact on hacking the voicemail relating to a mowby number?

spurtle
06-Sep-11, 23:06
It's not hacking into voicemail, it's hacking into your line as you speak. I put up a simple post on how to find out and someone decided to turn it into an arguement, it has no real bearing on the original post.

sandyr1
07-Sep-11, 01:19

You asked what everyones views were on phone hacking.../ now you have decide the committee..??

Mr P Cannop
07-Sep-11, 06:32
phone hacking and the phone hacking committee

Torvaig
07-Sep-11, 08:52
phone hacking and the phone hacking committee

It's OK Paul, we know what your are referring to. I did watch some of the televising of the Government's "hacking committee" but got a wee bit bored with it and nearly fell asleep!

Hope you are enjoying it yourself and maybe you can let us know what you think. I'm sure there will be plenty to read about it in the newspapers today.

Mr P Cannop
07-Sep-11, 08:58
i think their all telling lies by saying they dont know about that or dont know about this or they cant mind about this or that what does everyone else think ??

Torvaig
07-Sep-11, 09:09
I wouldn't be surprised that some of them are being less than honest. They will be keen to hang on to their jobs and put the blame on others.

NickInTheNorth
07-Sep-11, 09:19
I had to agree with the lassie on the committee that told the lawyer his evidence was "less than credible".

This is a lawyer, he can not remember when he was on holiday, he stated that the company do not keep records of when he was on holiday, he claims that on the night he would have been working (unless he was on holiday) when the Millie Dowler phone messages story was run that he had no recollection of the story, and most certainly was not the person that spiked a story which gave clear details about 3 messages on Milly Dowlers phone.

Now every lawyer I have ever met has kept meticulous written records of every bit of legal advice they ever give, "just in case".

And as for the meeting he had with James Murdoch to discuss the settlement of the case against Gordon Taylor, well when he was shooting his mouth off after Murdoch was in front of the committee he had plenty to say about Murdochs recolection of the meeting, but it would appear that since then his memory has lapsed a little, and now he can't remember if he gave a copy of the email to Murdoch, can't remember if he mentioned "for Neville" can't remember if he made it clear that the phone hacking went further than just the one "rogue reporter - Clive Goodman".

Oh, the meeting was about the Gordon Taylor case and nothing else! But he can't remember what he told his boss about his having to fork out £750000 because of the companies illegal activities.

And a herd of pigs just flew past my window...

Phill
07-Sep-11, 09:40
I think credibility and honesty are words that have not been associated with the NotW / Murdoch et al for a loooooooooooooooooooooonng time.

My opinion is that the bank accounts of whichever patsy is made the fall guy out of this, should be watched very closely over the next couple of years.

Mr P Cannop
07-Sep-11, 09:54
I had to agree with the lassie on the committee that told the lawyer his evidence was "less than credible".

This is a lawyer, he can not remember when he was on holiday, he stated that the company do not keep records of when he was on holiday, he claims that on the night he would have been working (unless he was on holiday) when the Millie Dowler phone messages story was run that he had no recollection of the story, and most certainly was not the person that spiked a story which gave clear details about 3 messages on Milly Dowlers phone.

Now every lawyer I have ever met has kept meticulous written records of every bit of legal advice they ever give, "just in case".

And as for the meeting he had with James Murdoch to discuss the settlement of the case against Gordon Taylor, well when he was shooting his mouth off after Murdoch was in front of the committee he had plenty to say about Murdochs recolection of the meeting, but it would appear that since then his memory has lapsed a little, and now he can't remember if he gave a copy of the email to Murdoch, can't remember if he mentioned "for Neville" can't remember if he made it clear that the phone hacking went further than just the one "rogue reporter - Clive Goodman".

Oh, the meeting was about the Gordon Taylor case and nothing else! But he can't remember what he told his boss about his having to fork out £750000 because of the companies illegal activities.

And a herd of pigs just flew past my window...

i agree with this poster

Phill
26-Mar-12, 09:52
Murdoch is coming after them, he wasn't going to take it lying down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17508271

Fran
26-Mar-12, 16:22
I beleive it definetly happens, even up here in caithness