05-Oct-06, 19:53
I dont understand the 'Rating'
But after much deliberating
I've decided to ask
Cos in ignorance I bask -
Your reply I'm eagerly waiting!

trinkie
06-Oct-06, 07:02
I mean the Rating Heading which is at the top of the page next to Last Reply ? Who does the Rating ?

Lavenderblue2
06-Oct-06, 08:14
I'd never thought about it Trinkie - but now you mention it if you click on 'rating' in any of the forums the list of items changes order. Who decides this order I wonder? :confused

LB

Kingetter
06-Oct-06, 08:30
I thought the order only changed to allow the most recently posted thread to 'sit at the top' - but not above stickies. Hmm! G2 or Mod to the rescue?

henry20
06-Oct-06, 08:45
If you look at the top of the thread, you have the option to 'rate thread', therefore, if you sort by rating, the threads with the highest rating will be at the top.

Thats my assumption anyway :)

Kingetter
06-Oct-06, 08:54
If you look at the top of the thread, you have the option to 'rate thread', therefore, if you sort by rating, the threads with the highest rating will be at the top.

Thats my assumption anyway :)

Thanks henry20, but does that mean if you 'vote' terrible, it might just fall off the bottom of the page? I know this sounds facetious, but its not meant to be - there are threads that I wish would vanish.

Lavenderblue2
06-Oct-06, 09:05
Thank you henry20, so now I know. Thank you also Trinkie for asking in the first place - we all learn something new every day!

Have a good day everyone.

LB

trinkie
06-Oct-06, 18:00
Thank you all for your replies, I think I see what it's all about now.
Nice to see so many of the poems are appreciated.

I noticed also the Rating Boxes only appear if you are logged on !
I was really confused over the constant disappearance of the blue boxes.
It was a case of ''They like me - they like me not !!''

All has been explained !
Thanks
Trinkie