PDA

View Full Version : Data Theft

Venture
05-Oct-06, 19:39
If you have a debit or credit card watch tonights Dispatches at 9 pm on channel four.

Call centre staff in India are selling customers full information including the security strip numbers of thousands of people for £8 a time. This is information given mostly by people who bought mobile phones sold through Indian call centres but also includes Bank call centres based there too.

The lists given to the undercover reporter even included customers from Inverness.

Watch tonight at nine, youll be shocked at just how easy it is.

phoenix
05-Oct-06, 19:51
I had a call from one of them, very pushy he was. I told him I didnt need a mobile I already had one which is lying almost dead in a corner.........know what he said..........You cant have many friends if you dont need a mobile. :eek:I then told him I do most of my communications via the pc to which he then replied......you must be a very modern lady! Glad I wasnt taken in by him.....first names and all that and how are you today........gullible Im not! :cool:

_Ju_
05-Oct-06, 20:06
LOL, everytime they call me I say in one breath: I have a mobile, it belongs to my company who pays the bill, I have no mobile of my own and because I have only one mouth to speak with, two would be useless, there are no other adultsin my house or people I can give the mobile to. It works...they just say ok and hang up. Probably because they think I am nuts (and might be right). For widow or conservatory sellers, the house belongs to a landlord.. they cannot hang up quick enough.

scorrie
05-Oct-06, 22:16
For widow or conservatory sellers

What's the going rate for Widows? I've got a mannie here champin at e bit for one ;o)

blueivy
06-Oct-06, 01:04
What's the going rate for Widows? I've got a mannie here champin at e bit for one ;o)

Haven't laughed out loud while reading this forum, but there's a first time for everything. That cracked me up ... :lol: