03-Sep-11, 21:19
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14774142

The people who were responsible for this need to be shot

John Little
03-Sep-11, 21:52
Which people and responsible for what?

weezer 316
03-Sep-11, 22:13
Covering up the sex abuse. Its ridiculous. If a government had done this they would be voted out immediatly.

John Little
03-Sep-11, 22:24
If you mean the Vatican then I really doubt if they knew much about what was going on. I know lots of people look at such organisations and see a monolithic structure controlled from the top but I suspect that the reality is a kind of disorganised chaos owing a loose allegiance to the Pope.

In the same way people often see the Third Reich as a huge super-efficient machine - but state of the art research indicates that it was in fact total chaos and the image was just propaganda.

So the people actually running the Irish Catholic Church covered things up. But as to how much was 'controlled' from Rome, my guess is very little. The autonomous nature of national churches indicates ignorance rather than cover-up.

Perhaps not an excuse for ignorance is no excuse, but the for the actively guilty I think Dublin is probably a better place to look than Rome.

starfish
03-Sep-11, 22:29
on this thread i see what you mean but from where ever it comes from if child abuse is taking place who every thinks this is the case should speak up other wise they are as bad . its better to unfounded than it really happening any person that abuse kids or the elderly should be shot in my view

golach
03-Sep-11, 22:33
on this thread i see what you mean but from where ever it comes from if child abuse is taking place who every thinks this is the case should speak up other wise they are as bad . its better to unfounded than it really happening any person that abuse kids or the elderly should be shot in my view

Eh??? I am confused!!!! [disgust]

starfish
03-Sep-11, 22:49
Eh??? I am confused!!!! [disgust] what i meant was perhaps the top do not always n
know what happening in the lower ranks but where ever its happen wether its at the top or bottom if you know its happening you should speak up

Torvaig
04-Sep-11, 10:40
I hear and obey.

I shall quit the Org right now.

Goodbye.

OK starfish, are you happy now? Your statement was totally uncalled for and has resulted in possibly the resignation of one who brings a lot of sense, humour and brains to this forum.

An unusual combination in a place where some people open their mouths before they think of the consequences......

Torvaig
04-Sep-11, 10:41
How dare you tell another Member to keep quiet, I think your 300 posts against John's 3000 says it all.........and btw, masking a swear word brings infraction points !!!!

C3.............[disgust][disgust]

Well said C3; this is a forum not, not somebodies back yard!

starfish
04-Sep-11, 11:02
well 300 people must feel the same as me a forum is for everyone to air the views i know but if you can take your comments being objected to you should not voice your views not every one will agree and i stand by what i said any abuse if you know about it should be reported as many child are to frighten to speak up for theyselves because of the horrible thing they are told by there abuser

Kells
04-Sep-11, 13:20
well 300 people must feel the same as me a forum is for everyone to air the views i know but if you can take your comments being objected to you should not voice your views not every one will agree and i stand by what i said any abuse if you know about it should be reported as many child are to frighten to speak up for theyselves because of the horrible thing they are told by there abuser

Why would you assume that another 300 members feel the same as you.? You can attack the views of another member but not the person who posts their views, go and read the rules before acting like a total idiot. I enjoy John's posts even if I do not always agree with them and that I am sure goes for many members of this forum.

bekisman
04-Sep-11, 13:27
I hear and obey.

I shall quit the Org right now.

Goodbye.
Oh don't go John, we're still down in Leyland, Mrs Beks bought a Hershey chocolate bar from ASDA, blinking rubbish, my son in Canada said they were nice, nope. Anyway enough off-thread burble, home on Thursday..

billmoseley
04-Sep-11, 16:06
i feel we should start a campaign to stop john little leaving. many a time i sit a chuckle at his posts. he also talks alot of sense so come on everyone lets keep john

Margaret M.
04-Sep-11, 16:37
Which people and responsible for what?

As usual, John makes a good point -- it is helpful to give a wee clue as to what the link is all about.

bekisman
04-Sep-11, 16:59
I too was confused, did it mean 'Quiet'?

pmcd
04-Sep-11, 17:18
To lose John for any reason would be a sadness. To lose him because of a loose-tongued numpty with a sense of grievance is unbearable. One can now appreciate the provenance of the pseudonym "starfish". Perhaps he/she is fond of chocolate? John, listen to your public. Please return and keep our synapses dancing!

Mystical Potato Head
04-Sep-11, 18:27
I too was confused, did it mean 'Quiet'?

Yes,i'm quiet sure it was meant to but with starfish you never can tell.