PDA

View Full Version : Meals in Thurso

willowbankbear
05-Oct-06, 18:09
Caithness Import & The Charlatans have invited Bingobabe & myself out for a meal. Now as they live on the thurso side of the county, we would like to go out up there afterwards.
Can anyone recommend a good place for food up there?

Fluff
05-Oct-06, 19:01
For me it is always Le Bistro. Great fresh food and not too pricey.
They are closed tonight but are open for lunches and evening meals but i am not sure what nights

you can find it opposite the central hotel and to the right of souters

connieb19
05-Oct-06, 21:56
I agree with Fluff, you can't go wrong in the Bistro. The Tempest Surf is pretty good too.

willowbankbear
05-Oct-06, 21:58
I agree with Fluff, you can't go wrong in the Bistro. The Tempest Surf is pretty good too.

Where is that? Ive no heard of it :confused

connieb19
05-Oct-06, 22:10
Where is that? Ive no heard of it :confused
What, the Bistro? It's across from the central, or the Tempest Surf is along from Riverside Replicas.

changilass
05-Oct-06, 22:59
Don't go to the Wiegh Inn, a few of us went for a meal and it was awfull, the only thing that saved it was the nice waitress and the good company.

Piglet
05-Oct-06, 23:49
The Pentland serves good food. :Razz

Dont go to the Royal last time i was there our food was either cold or half cooked. :(

henry20
06-Oct-06, 09:40
I would recommend Le Bistro or The Pentland.

Both lovely for food. :D

footie chick
06-Oct-06, 09:47
Pentland or the St Clair :D

pops
06-Oct-06, 10:18
the pentland is good and they have just recently changed their menu.
The Holborn can also be good for food.

willowbankbear
06-Oct-06, 10:26
Thanks for all yer suggestions, Im still no sure?Whats the upper Deck like nowadays? Ive not been there for many years

henry20
06-Oct-06, 12:00
personally, I wouldn't recommend it - I always have steak when I'm there, but its far too over-priced these days - get better value at Pentland or Le Bistro.

A friend was there & was very disappointed. She said the salad that was served with starter was terrible and would have been thrown in the bin if it was at home. She never ate it and would never return.

I've heard very mixed reports over-all about the upper deck recently - its either terrific or terrible. Never hear anything bad about Le Bistro or Pentland. Have heard the Holborn is really good, but not tried it yet.

The Royal, Upper Deck & Weigh Inn are all off my 'places to eat or recommend' list I'm afraid.

Haven't been to Park in a while, but its meant to be good too.

Jeid
09-Oct-06, 11:31
I'd recommend the Park for meals. Very nice food in there. A nice choice of food and they always have a good selection on the specials board.

connieb19
09-Oct-06, 11:41
I'd recommend the Park for meals. Very nice food in there. A nice choice of food and they always have a good selection on the specials board.
The foods good, pity you've got to wait so long for it though. I realise that there's a wait for fresh cooked food but the last time I was there we had to wait nearly an hour.

Jeid
15-Oct-06, 20:33
Really? We always got our fairly quickly. Suppose it depends when you go in. We're usually in on a Sunday night and its generally quite busy then. No longer than 20mins usually.

I was in one Friday night with my girlfriend and it was very quick also.

killarifts
20-Oct-06, 05:28
the holborn does really good meals too,it's a totally different place since it was done up,really pleasant 10 outa 10.

saffy100
20-Oct-06, 09:45
I think the Holborn is great too. I think Le Bistro is overpriced at night time, you get exacly the same portion as at lunchtime only its double in price...£14.00 for fajitas !!!!! is extortionate. Although it is good food and nice atmosphere as the staff are lovely...just pricey.

jaykay
23-Oct-06, 14:57
The Holborn Hotel is really very good. I would highly recommend it.

saxovtr
23-Oct-06, 15:13
the upper deck is quite good

willowbankbear
24-Oct-06, 09:54
the upper deck is quite good

Aye , yer only sayin that coz ye & Ben worked there & they gave ye free food ;)

puff1
24-Oct-06, 14:54
Caithness Import & The Charlatans have invited Bingobabe & myself out for a meal. Now as they live on the thurso side of the county, we would like to go out up there afterwards.

I would recommend the Holborn has great food or they did have the last time we were all out for a meal we really enjoyed it give it a try at least its in centre of town .
What we could do with is a cafe open to 10pm at night for people that 's traveling or if you wanted to spend sometime we your friends you can go out to the cafe what you think

puff1
24-Oct-06, 15:00

I would recommend the Holborn but the weigh inn used to be great the boy cannop still cooking there he's a great cook or is he back yet as he was off sick see the royal has there two for price off one back 2 steak's for £15 i got the flyer through the door today .